File UID php suexec

Hello,

I want to configure php suexec based on the php file UID/GID
I've changed "ExtApp Set UID Mode" to "File UID" in the vhost template and now PHP scripts works with web server UID/GID , but cgi files (python, ruby) works as expected with file UID/GID

is it possible to solve this ?
or does PHP suexec works only with "Doc Root UID" ?

PS
we had apache configs before and this configs had "SuexecUserGroup <UID> <users_GID>" defined
now we've migrated to xml native configs and litespeed PHP works on with DocRoot group instead old <users_GID> :(

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
You need to define vhost level lsphp5 external app and script handler, use "Doc root UID", or set UID/GID explicitly in external app configuration.

You need to define vhost level lsphp5 external app and script handler, use "Doc root UID", or set UID/GID explicitly in external app configuration.
I'm using default virtual host template "PHP_SuEXEC"
VHOST level php defined
in this external app configuration I able to define only one UID/GID
but I need separate for each user
so only Doc root ?

or set UID/GID explicitly in external app configuration.
I did
created separate VHOST
created external php app with command "$SERVER_ROOT/fcgi-bin/lsphp5"
put in the external app configuration "suEXEC User/group" user's username and group
but php still create files with web server UID/GID

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
you may forget to create script handler for ".php" using vhost level lsphp5 external app.
And the vhost level lsphp5 external app should have unique name, adding username or vhost name as part of the name is recommended.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
checked the implementation, looks like vhost level external app is not allowed to set suEXEC user/group, please move the external app definition to server level.