High Server Load at regular times

iUnknown

Hello,

Every day now, the server load goes extremely high and makes the server go too slow to do anything on. This happens at two points during the day, and at around the same time. I can't figure out what it is, but look at what is using a hell of a lot of resources:

Any ideas why this might be happening?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
check your cron job, if it happen every day around the same time, it must be some batch job use too much system resources, causes high memory usage or high I/O load.

iUnknown

I just looked through every single cron job (in /var/spool/cron) and none of them run anywhere near the times that it happens.

However, I have noticed a ton of crond processes at these times, I overlooked them thinking that they might have been piling up due to the lag but realise how stupid that is now. I will investigate them further.

Interesting thing is, it only happens when I have suexec enabled in litespeed? Everything runs perfectly on the server, but at these times everything seems to go crazy.

iUnknown

Hi,

It must be some sort of issue with litespeed. The crond processes I noticed once was a one off as this has happened many more times with only one or two crond processes in sight, and very low down using little memory usage. lsphp processes seem to have a much higher CPU % during these times and stopping litespeed leads everything to recovery... lsphp processes are top of the list at this time when looking either in order of CPU usage and memory usage.