.htaccess and mod_proxy

Discussion in 'Apache Migration/Compatibility' started by EvoIX_MR2006, Sep 8, 2009.

1. EvoIX_MR2006

EvoIX_MR2006 New Member

Hello.

I am attempting to do a reverse proxy with a site we have that uses a remote web-server. I am trying to maintain a .htaccess file that has a proxy RewriteRule in it. This re-write rule isn't just a simple re-write, it has a few pieces after the $1, for example:

RewriteRule (.*) http://www.thedomain.net/$1?prog_id=something&%{QUERY_STRING} [P]

When I just setup the RewriteRule, LiteSpeed tells me I need to add an external app with the web server as the name. When I do this, it works..somewhat. It directs me straight to www.thedomain.net, without any regard for the ?prog_id=, etc.

I've read that I need to be using the 'Context' proxy, however I havent had a whole lot of success setting this up either. When I set it up for where it needs to be, it continues to redirect me to www.thedomain.net, as if nothing had changed...

Any help would be great.
  2. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

Currently the rewrite rule does not support changing query string, can only change the request URI part. Next release will support changing query string.
  3. EvoIX_MR2006

EvoIX_MR2006 New Member

Ah, ok, that would be why.

Do you have an estimated time table for this release?