Interworx plugin

Michael

Staff member
Correct, however CloudLinux install it for you so they use the binary they know and use. If you use LiteSpeed it's guess work and opening a ticket with support or by coming to the forum to find out why this and that isn't working. And taking hours to get it working per user, when you can use a cPanel / DirectAdmin or Plesk plugin and it does it automatically for you. Why should we be left out and be the only control panel users to suffer that?

If you need to ask CloudLinux to do it with their software, customers won't just save the ./config and then use LiteSpeed...
Understood. I think the repository suggestion was speaking more to the issue of it being a "pain to compile PHP". As you've pointed out, though, it doesn't solve the matching PHP part of that issue.

(I would be interested to see, though, if this command from our newly updated repository doesn't go a long way towards solving that second part of the issue: yum install lsphp55-* --skip-broken

Documentation on the repository can be found here: http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php?id=litespeed_wiki:php:rpm )

Really enjoying this feedback, by the way. We'll try to get our look into Interworx soon.

m

Licensecart

Understood. I think the repository suggestion was speaking more to the issue of it being a "pain to compile PHP". As you've pointed out, though, it doesn't solve the matching PHP part of that issue.

(I would be interested to see, though, if this command from our newly updated repository doesn't go a long way towards solving that second part of the issue: yum install lsphp55-* --skip-broken

Documentation on the repository can be found here: http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php?id=litespeed_wiki:php:rpm )

Really enjoying this feedback, by the way. We'll try to get our look into Interworx soon.

m
I've tried that now on a Test server.

Got this error:

Code:
Site error: the file /chroot/home/blestade/blestademo2.com/html/app/app_model.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.4.so to be installed by the website operator. If you are the website operator please use the ionCube Loader Wizard to assist with installation.
php -v:

Code:
[root@liteiw html]# php -v
PHP 5.4.33 (cli) (built: Sep 20 2014 16:20:03)
Copyright (c) 1997-2014 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.4.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2014 Zend Technologies
    with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.6.1, Copyright (c) 2002-2014, by ionCube Ltd.

NiteWave

Administrator
for error
Site error: the file /chroot/home/blestade/blestademo2.com/html/app/app_model.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.4.so to be installed by the website operator. If you are the website operator please use the ionCube Loader Wizard to assist with installation.
put phpinfo.php under /chroot/home/blestade/blestademo2.com/html/
access http://your-sever-ip/~blestade/phpinfo.php
see if there is info about ioncube_loader_lin_5.4 in it

Licensecart

for error

put phpinfo.php under /chroot/home/blestade/blestademo2.com/html/
access http://your-sever-ip/~blestade/phpinfo.php
see if there is info about ioncube_loader_lin_5.4 in it
We've removed the VPS sadly as we just was testing to see if it works. We install ioncube before installing LiteSpeed.

Code:
wget https://licensecart.com/iworx/interworx_ioncube_5.4_64bit.sh
chmod 777 interworx_ioncube_5.4_64bit.sh
./interworx_ioncube_5.4_64bit.sh

Michael

Staff member
Got this error:

Code:
Thanks for the test! Getting a developer to fix that now. If we want to talk about this more, though, let's move it to another thread. (I assume you don't, but if you do...)

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Michael

Licensecart

Thanks for the test! Getting a developer to fix that now. If we want to talk about this more, though, let's move it to another thread. (I assume you don't, but if you do...)

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Michael
I don't mind mate but this thread shows how popular InterWorx is and how much of a market is struggling mate because of no plugin. Would help both LiteSpeed and InterWorx grow since people are (trying to) moving from competitors.

m
I request too.. i will buy a license if you make a module for it. Go ahead and start it. If you need money provide something. I think thats the life. Provide and you got. If you not.. you will not get anything.

Cheers

Michael

Staff member
Howdy LC,

We just set up the environment at the end of last week. The person in charge of plugins, though, is pretty deep in another project. Once they have time, they'll start investigating and we'll be able to make a decision.

Michael

Licensecart

Howdy LC,

We just set up the environment at the end of last week. The person in charge of plugins, though, is pretty deep in another project. Once they have time, they'll start investigating and we'll be able to make a decision.

Michael
Fantastic news mate much appreciated :) I bet we're all excited haha.

+1 +1 +1 multiplied by 10 times 10 for making a plugin.

The only reason i'm on cpanel still is that there is no other control panel that implements nginx or litespeed or anything faster than apache.

If interworx supports litespeed I would buy a license in a heartbeat !

IN fact I just registered to post this, we really want this, I'm incredible shocked that cpanel and all other control panels ignores so blatantly so many request to implement the newer webservers.. It's like the whole industry begs for innovation and the developers prefer to still use old tech, just because they know it.

Michael

Staff member
Hi all,

Just wanted to keep you updated on this. We've been in touch with Interworx, but the project will not be moving forward just yet. The developer that would be taking the lead on this is currently very busy on another integration we are working on. (I can't disclose what kind of integration it is, but it is something that the Internet is screaming for. This needs to happen.)

We've heard your call and will be reevaluating the difficulty of an Interworx plugin after this next integration comes out. We hope to be at that point within the next two months, but it's a very complicated integration.

I will continue to keep the community posted. Thank you for your show of interest.

Michael