invalid format - syntax is requiring variable $VH_NAME

zellster

Environment:

LSWS Std 3.1.1
Ubuntu 4.1.1-13ubuntu5
Linux version 2.6.17-11-server

Easy bug: change spelling of "Response Bufferring" to "Response Buffering" for External App configuration.

Real bug: I am attempting to create a virtual host through the centralConfigLog template. I add an External App under "Web Server" and give it the name "AppServer". Clicking "Save" results in the following error message:

"*invalid format - AppServer, syntax is requiring variable $VH_NAME"

If I edit the XML file directly with "AppServer" and re-start LSWS, no errors are reported. What is the requirement with $VH_NAME?

Thanks.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
The typo is fixed, thanks.

"$VH_NAME" is required in template configuration, it is to avoid multiple vhost level external application with the same name being defined when multiple vhosts has been created based on the template. Something may break when it happens.

zellster

The typo is fixed, thanks.

"$VH_NAME" is required in template configuration, it is to avoid multiple vhost level external application with the same name being defined when multiple vhosts has been created based on the template. Something may break when it happens.
I changed the External App name to "$VH_NAME-AppServer" and clicked save. The admin GUI accepted the change, and I performed a graceful restart. The server log then reports the following error:

2007-05-06 16:05:06.177 ERROR [config:vhost:foo.bar.com:context:/xml/] Can not find handler with type: 6, name: $VH_NAME-AppServer

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
The server should expand the variable, forgot to do that for context handlers. Fix is in 3.1.1, you can change version number in the download link to get new release.

zellster

The server should expand the variable, forgot to do that for context handlers. Fix is in 3.1.1, you can change version number in the download link to get new release.
I downloaded 3.1.1 and completely removed the previous install. The fresh install was painless, and the External App named "$VH_NAME/AppServer" now works as expected. I did notice the following unrelated errors in the log:

Found 4 warning/error messages in the log: More
Time Level Message
2007-05-06 17:51:25.453 ERROR [config:vhost:Example:context:/docs/] missing <handler> in <context>
2007-05-06 17:51:25.453 ERROR [config:vhost:Example:context:/protected/] missing <handler> in <context>
2007-05-06 17:51:25.453 ERROR [config:vhost:Example:context:/blocked/] missing <handler> in <context>
2007-05-06 17:51:25.453 ERROR [config:vhost:Example:context:/cgi-bin/] missing <handler> in <context>

Are these anything to be concerned about?

Thanks.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
That's because some contexts do not have a handler configuration.
Those errors has no harm, but anyway, package has been udpated to fix it.