IPB3 on LiteSpeed

Discussion in 'General' started by g00g, Apr 11, 2010.

1. g00g

g00g New Member

I installed LiteSpeed to replace apache, and whenever i make a new post to a topic, i get logged out, it looks like sessions are not being kept?

php build:
    MODULES:
    Code:
    php -m
    [PHP Modules]
    bcmath
    bz2
    calendar
    ctype
    curl
    date
    dom
    eAccelerator
    exif
    filter
    ftp
    gd
    gettext
    hash
    iconv
    imap
    ionCube Loader
    json
    libxml
    mbstring
    mcrypt
    mhash
    mime_magic
    mysql
    mysqli
    openssl
    pcre
    posix
    Reflection
    session
    SimpleXML
    soap
    sockets
    SPL
    SQLite
    standard
    suhosin
    tokenizer
    wddx
    xml
    xmlreader
    xmlrpc
    xmlwriter
    xsl
    Zend Optimizer
    zip
    zlib

[Zend Modules]
    Zend Optimizer
    the ionCube PHP Loader
    Code:
    Configure Command =>  './configure'  '--disable-cgi' '--with-litespeed' '--disable-pdo' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--enable-libxml' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-safe-mode' '--enable-soap' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-wddx' '--enable-zip' '--prefix=/usr/local' '--with-bz2' '--with-config-file-path=/usr/local/lib' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/usr/local/lib/php.ini.d' '--with-curl=/opt/curlssl/' '--with-curlwrappers' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-gd' '--with-gettext' '--with-imap=/opt/php_with_imap_client/' '--with-imap-ssl=/usr' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-kerberos' '--with-libexpat-dir=/usr' '--with-libxml-dir=/opt/xml2' '--with-libxml-dir=/opt/xml2/' '--with-mcrypt=/opt/libmcrypt/' '--with-mhash=/opt/mhash/' '--with-mime-magic' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-mysql-sock=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' '--with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config' '--with-openssl=/usr' '--with-openssl-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-ttf' '--with-xmlrpc' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr' '--with-xsl=/opt/xslt/' '--with-zlib' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr'
    im not getting any errors that i can see so im shooting in the dark right now...
  2. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

check the session storage folder permission.
    Make sure LiteSpeed setup match Apache's security model, if suphp is used with Apache, enable LiteSpeed PHP suEXEC, otherwise turn it off.
  3. g00g

g00g New Member

suEXEc is enabled since I had fast-cgi i guess you would call it running with apache.

check the session storage folder permission.
    where is that?

Apache's security model
    meaning? ive got both running as the same group nobody
  4. g00g

g00g New Member

is there a way to maybe use another php binary other then LSPHP just to see if its handeling sessions different? i know everything was working fine on apache, just dont know why its not working now and i would love to get litespeed 4core addition running on this i7 server :/
  5. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

compare output of phpinfo() under apache and litespeed, check "session" part
  6. g00g

g00g New Member

both looked the same... and issue seems to be gone with apache running.

both:
    [​IMG]
  7. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

what's the permission of /tmp?

#ls -ald /tmp

also check /tmp, if there is enough free space.
  8. g00g

g00g New Member

Code:
    drwxrwxrwt 17 nobody nobody 53248 Apr 12 12:08 /tmp
    and yeah,

Code:
    Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/sda2             2.0G  117M  1.8G   7% /tmp
    I want to say I also tried using the old 4.10 SAPI when I was doing test runs, right now its the 5.3.

only thing I can think of is that theres a compatibility issue with the code when you go to post a reply... everything else as far as i could tell worked 100% fine.
  9. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

any related messages in error.log/stderr.log?
  10. anewday

anewday Moderator

Are you using a php opcode like eaccelerator on Apache/Litespeed?