IPv6 support

Hi

We are an ISP offering Webhosting and I'm evaluating a new hosting-platform. Litespeed looks very nice, but it seems to be missing an important feature for us: IPv6 Support

It may be that I didn't look good enough, but I was not able to find anything about IPv6 in the Manual, nor any posts on the message board.

I added an IPv6 address to my test-system, but there is no webserver listening on the address.

What we would need:
  • IPv4 and IPv6 Address assignable to a virtual host, also for SSL
  • one of both could be empty (ie ipv6 or ipv4 only hosts)

Is this feature planned in the near future?

Thank you and regards

Flavio Curti

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Flavio,

Thank you for your interests in our product.

You are right about IPv6 support in LiteSpeed, it is on our to do list but with low priority as IPv6 is not ready for prime time yet, and we don't know anyone using it for web hosting. Looks like we are wrong. :)

We will try to make it available soon, as there are seperate IPv4 and IPv6 listener, it is pretty easy to do what you are asking for.

There will be new features designed for mass hosting in the next RC release, please stay tuned. :)

Best regards,
George Wang

sounds good

Hi

This sounds promising, thank you for your answer. When do you expect the next RC to be released?

Yes, we are offering commercial IPv6 services, hosting, housing, access (SDSL/ADSL) all work with IPv6. Our whole ISP-Network is IPv6 enabled by now. It's not much asked for, but there are some early-adopters :)

Thank you for your help and regards

Flavio