[LICENSE] Failed to send registration request.

Discussion in 'General' started by tininho, Oct 20, 2011.

1. tininho

tininho New Member

I updated our Ubuntu server from 11.04 to 11.10. Every time the installation asked whether to overwrite or keep current the "keep current" action was chosen. Still, after the restart all sites worked (are accessible to all), but it seems the server does not allow the pages to make outside contacts, since:

Litespeed error: [LICENSE] Failed to send registration request.
    Magento: Magento downloader gives "host not available" when trying to install extensions, emails are not being sent and paypal payments do not get verified.

Iptables shows empty (iptables -L). I runned the command sudo ufw disable. I cannot figure out what is blocking the connection. Can you guys help?
  2. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

you can try "traceroute", could be network configuration issue.
  3. tininho

tininho New Member

Traceroute is not installed, apt-get install traceroute ends to error: "could not resolve ".fi.archive.ubuntu.com". So there is definitely something going on with the outward connection. SSH, FTP and web page access works for me and others.

Ping respond (had to use ip, address google.com did not work):

For example sudo apt-get update is not working though:

I'm getting similiar "could not resolve" messages everywhere within this server (Magento extensions, wordpress, Litespeed admin panel etc etc.)
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  4. tininho

tininho New Member

Oh, now I get it, the DNS servers got erased doing the update, should edit /etc/resolv.conf and give correct DNS server of the VPS provider. I use google nameservers untill they respond.