litespeed and static content

Discussion in 'Install/Configuration' started by imohsen, Dec 31, 2012.

1. imohsen

imohsen New Member

we had tested litespeed trial ( 2 cpu + enabled public or private cache) in lab environment without any extra caching .
    and we got a lot of 500 and 400 request in performance test used by ( ab or http performance testing tool )

but when we decide to put nginx as reverse proxy and port php requests to litespeed and keep static files served by nginx , it's working fine ! i mean perfect

about 2000 request/second served without any error .

is there any way to integrate litespeed with any other caching plugin ? like varnish in frontend
    i saw reports that published before with a lot numbers in this forum ,but i need a little more exprience here .
    also is it safe to put some reverse proxy in middle of litespeed ?
  2. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

what does it mean ?

can you show your whole benchmark command line?
    like "ab -k -n ... "

should no need nginx, or the benchmark result should be very close regarding serve static content.

at present, varnish have more cache options/functions than lsws page cache. but if the cache rule is not that complex, should no need varnish as well. for example vBulletin -- http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php?id=litespeed_wiki:litespeed:cache:vbulletin
  3. imohsen

imohsen New Member

thank you nite
    i'll make reply about parameters that i used in benchmark .
    is there any resource to make litespeed faster service static contents ?

i'll try litespeed trial using in front of litespeed and continue tests .
  4. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

litespeed is fast enough to serve static pages. it's same level as nginx.
    if not, most likely there is something wrong with lsws configuration.
  5. imohsen

imohsen New Member

i used this parameters with ab

ab -k -n 80000 -c 500

and

ab -k -n 100000 -c 320

i thinking about double caching with varnish . but when i switch to varnish we got default cpanel page and still working on .
    but now i need a little more speed on static content and also in 'internal wordpress pages' that redirect requests with htaccess . i tested private cache in htaccess before and we still get slow pages in wordpress except index . index page load exteremely fast !
  6. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

it's difficult to give advice just what you described.

here's my suggestion:

for wordpress, litespeed + wordpress + wordpress cache plugin(like wp supercache) should be fast enough, without varnish or litespeed page cache or nginx etc.

hence, 1 CPU or VPS license of litespeed probably be enough for your site.

the trick may be in configuring wp supercache properly.