litespeed and static content

we had tested litespeed trial ( 2 cpu + enabled public or private cache) in lab environment without any extra caching .
and we got a lot of 500 and 400 request in performance test used by ( ab or http performance testing tool )

but when we decide to put nginx as reverse proxy and port php requests to litespeed and keep static files served by nginx , it's working fine ! i mean perfect

about 2000 request/second served without any error .

is there any way to integrate litespeed with any other caching plugin ? like varnish in frontend
i saw reports that published before with a lot numbers in this forum ,but i need a little more exprience here .
also is it safe to put some reverse proxy in middle of litespeed ?

NiteWave

Administrator
we got a lot of 500 and 400 request
what does it mean ?

can you show your whole benchmark command line?
like "ab -k -n ... "

should no need nginx, or the benchmark result should be very close regarding serve static content.

at present, varnish have more cache options/functions than lsws page cache. but if the cache rule is not that complex, should no need varnish as well. for example vBulletin -- http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php?id=litespeed_wiki:litespeed:cache:vbulletin

what does it mean ?

can you show your whole benchmark command line?
like "ab -k -n ... "

should no need nginx, or the benchmark result should be very close regarding serve static content.

at present, varnish have more cache options/functions than lsws page cache. but if the cache rule is not that complex, should no need varnish as well. for example vBulletin -- http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php?id=litespeed_wiki:litespeed:cache:vbulletin

thank you nite
i'll make reply about parameters that i used in benchmark .
is there any resource to make litespeed faster service static contents ?

i'll try litespeed trial using in front of litespeed and continue tests .

NiteWave

Administrator
is there any resource to make litespeed faster service static contents ?
litespeed is fast enough to serve static pages. it's same level as nginx.
if not, most likely there is something wrong with lsws configuration.

i used this parameters with ab

ab -k -n 80000 -c 500

and

ab -k -n 100000 -c 320

i thinking about double caching with varnish . but when i switch to varnish we got default cpanel page and still working on .
but now i need a little more speed on static content and also in 'internal wordpress pages' that redirect requests with htaccess . i tested private cache in htaccess before and we still get slow pages in wordpress except index . index page load exteremely fast !

NiteWave

Administrator
it's difficult to give advice just what you described.

here's my suggestion:

for wordpress, litespeed + wordpress + wordpress cache plugin(like wp supercache) should be fast enough, without varnish or litespeed page cache or nginx etc.

hence, 1 CPU or VPS license of litespeed probably be enough for your site.

the trick may be in configuring wp supercache properly.