LiteSpeed is changing the configuration

Discussion in 'Install/Configuration' started by justAndre, Mar 20, 2014.

1. justAndre

justAndre New Member

Hi,

I have a strange problem with litespeed.

If I let LS to use Cloudlinux with LVE in 5 days the configuration is changing to CageFS. I want to mention that nobody is accesing the server to change the configuration, I dont know why LS is making this change in the configuration file without a request from an administrator.

I have exactly the same configuration on another server and there nothing happens with the settings.

I dont want to use CageFS because all the sites are offline with this error on the admin panel:

2014-03-20 08:03:46.415 ERROR [APVH_nexdddsr_Suphp:]: Failed to start one instance. Resouce limit reached!
    2014-03-20 08:03:46.416 ERROR [APVH_komparrts_Suphp:]: Failed to start one instance. Resouce limit reached!
    2014-03-20 08:03:46.417 ERROR [APVH_nexdddsr_Suphp:]: Failed to start one instance. Resouce limit reached!
    2014-03-20 08:03:46.417 ERROR [APVH_komparrts_Suphp:]: Failed to start one instance. Resouce limit reached!
  2. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

LS wont change configuration by itself. you should check file time stamp and admin console access log.
    Resouce limit is part of LVE, not CageFS, I guess you need to look into what and why resource limit has been reached.
  3. justAndre

justAndre New Member

I'm not kidding, the configuration is changing without my intervention(i'm the only one who has the acces to LS admin interface). Today the configuration is with LVE and tomorow morning the configuration is on CageFS and all the sites are down due to the "Resouce limit reached" error.
  4. justAndre

justAndre New Member

Hi again,

Today litespeed crashed again, the error I see is this.

Any idea what to do ?
  5. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

You need to raise LVE limit to allow two running instance of litespeed during a server graceful restart.
    If the limit has been reached by PHP processes started by the previous instance of litespeed, the newly started litespeed instance could not start any PHP process.

Raise LVE limit to give some head room.
  6. justAndre

justAndre New Member

Where do I need to change LVE limit? in cloudlinux or litespeed ?
  7. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

should be WHM -> Server Configuration -> CloudLinux LVE Manager
  8. justAndre

justAndre New Member

I have incresed the pMEM to 512Mb
  9. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

10. justAndre

justAndre New Member

11. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

I think EP is too low for a busy user.
    a lsphp5 process may fork more sub processes, for example, a simple php code
    exec("sh ls -l | head")
    will fork 2 additional sub processes

anyway you can try to increase it to see if those errors disappear.