litespeed not working

root@server [~]# /usr/local/lsws/bin/lswsctrl start
[ERROR] Failed to find your license key under - /usr/local/lsws/ or /usr/local/lsws/conf/!
[ERROR] Failed to find your license key under - /usr/local/lsws/ or /usr/local/lsws/conf/!
/usr/local/lsws/bin/lswsctrl: line 52: 27048 Segmentation fault (core dumped) ./$EXECUTABLE
[ERROR] Failed to start lshttpd!

It was working fine and it just stopped working! Now I can't get it working, I have my valid license.

Please help.

thank you for your reply but i don't know my license serial number. my webserver provider bought license for me which is a litespeed licensing partner.

is there a way to find out license serial number myself? I have root access on my webserver.

04nunhucks

thank you for your reply but i don't know my license serial number. my webserver provider bought license for me which is a litespeed licensing partner.

is there a way to find out license serial number myself? I have root access on my webserver.
The license serial number is in the email you recieved from register(a-t)litespeedtech(d-o-t)com upon purchase of litespeed.

The license serial number is in the email you recieved from register(a-t)litespeedtech(d-o-t)com upon purchase of litespeed.
thank you for your reply but i didn't get the email because i didn't buy the license, my webserver provider has bought for me, which is a litespeed partner.

---------

edit: I've found serial in /usr/local/lsws/conf/serial.no and used migration website but it seems my serial is not valid. for now, I'm running litespeed with trial license, I told my webserver provider to correct my license problem. thank you very much.

Last edited:

04nunhucks

thank you for your reply but i didn't get the email because i didn't buy the license, my webserver provider has bought for me, which is a litespeed partner.
You will need to contact the webserver provider for the license details in this case. Additionally, you may find a file called "serial.no" in the litespeed installation folder, if you can find it.