login problem

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Dani, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Dani

Dani New Member

Can't seem to login to the admin section anymore...
    At first the problem was only when I used Firefox but now on the latest version (2.1.9) somehow IE fails to login to.

When I try to login I get sent to "admin/login.php" even if the password is correct. And yes I'm sure that the user/pass is correct cause if I enter the same user with a faulty password I get "Authentication Denied.
    The username or password has been refused, please try again."

if I enter the right one I get "You need to log in to access this web site."
  2. zellster

zellster New Member

Does your browser have cookies enabled?
  3. Dani

Dani New Member

Yea else I wouldn't be able to login before.. The 2.1.7 worked fine in IE and it uses cookies. Never disable that anyway, and I've checked the fw settings so that it dosn't block them...

--update

I just checked FF and the cookie tool it has and I see
    lswl_cookie_uid and lswl_cookie_passwd set, meening it recieves it..
  4. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

Please check the permission and available space of the temp directory that used to store PHP sessions, remove all old session data.

Close all your browser windows and open a new one.
  5. Dani

Dani New Member

tmp looks fine as is the space of it. only uses 5%. What bothers me is that I have a phpmyadmin login that uses cookies and works fine on the same server.
  6. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

How about clear the cookie for the admin interface.
  7. Dani

Dani New Member

Somehow it works in IE now without me chaniging anything, FF is still bad as before tho I cleared the cookies there. will try to investigate more when next week when I get home...