Mandrake with 1.5RC4 startup problems

Under Mandrake 10 and above I have the problem that 1.5RC4 won't start after a system reboot.

Mandrake give it the text: lsws [FAILED] and the server isn't started. I have to do this manual, then it starts.

The error messages in /var/log/boot , sorry nothing more:
Jun 9 15:31:09 Eislon rc: Starting lsws: failed

Could this be a rights problem?

Thanks for your help,

Stefan

Rc script from commandline

mistwang said:
Can you please try the rc script from command line as well?
I have started lsws through the commandline with the following command:

Code:
eislon#> /etc/init.d/lsws start
This was no problem, just after booting I get the FAILED message.
Currently the litespeed webserver is still running.

Maybe the next may be another bug, but I have installed awstats as you can read in the installation forum, at this morning 10 Juni 2004 at 04:20 hours I have accessed the awstats.pl program from the cgi-bin directory on the server itself. I got the messages that the connection was lost with the localhost (the server) but I got the statistics from awstats!

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
stefan,

We just tried lsws on fresh Mandrake 10.0 installation, the rc script works pretty well, lsws starts successfully during boot time.

Did you get any thing in lsws/logs/error.log when the rc script failed?
You can use lsws/admin/misc/rc-uninst.sh to uninstall the rc script and use lsws/admin/misc/rc-inst.sh to install it again.

Can you please try a fresh lsws installation (to another directory).

I got the messages that the connection was lost with the localhost (the server) but I got the statistics from awstats!
Not sure about this, :) what exactly is the error message? Is the awstats page loaded? if awstats.pl take long time to update the statistic result, the connection may timeout, it is better to update statistic data in a cron job.

mistwang said:
stefan,

We just tried lsws on fresh Mandrake 10.0 installation, the rc script works pretty well, lsws starts successfully during boot time.

Did you get any thing in lsws/logs/error.log when the rc script failed?
You can use lsws/admin/misc/rc-uninst.sh to uninstall the rc script and use lsws/admin/misc/rc-inst.sh to install it again.
I hadn't got the time yet to look into the error.log I will do that as soon as possible, however I have uninstalled the rc script and installed it again as above. So now to find a day when to reboot ;-)

mistwang said:
Can you please try a fresh lsws installation (to another directory).
On the same machine you mean?

mistwan said:
I got the messages that the connection was lost with the localhost (the server) but I got the statistics from awstats!
Not sure about this, :) what exactly is the error message? Is the awstats page loaded? if awstats.pl take long time to update the statistic result, the connection may timeout, it is better to update statistic data in a cron job.
Well the awstats page loaded fine, and it just happens once, so it should have been timeout I think.

Stefan

lsws Failed with Mandrake 10 after reboot

Well have installed litespeed on another server which I had installed Mandrake 10 on, and this one starts lsws correct, so I have to look into the other server installation.

Futher I couldn't find any errors in the logs which could lead me to find a problem.

Stefan

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Futher I couldn't find any errors in the logs which could lead me to find a problem.
I wonder if the rc script or the lshttpd executable is gotten executed at all, otherwise, you will get some thing in the error log. :)

mistwang said:
I wonder if the rc script or the lshttpd executable is gotten executed at all, otherwise, you will get some thing in the error log. :)
Well if you like I can send you the error.log file.

Stefan