mod_pagespeed porting to litespeed?

innovot

Another vote here as already running it on Apache and it does make a huge difference; though you have to balance it against the slightly increased CPU overhead.

I would like to see this as well, once v5 comes out with support of third party modules, please provide a wiki/info page on how to setup litespeed to use mod_pagespeed/

dihuta

I would like to see this as well, once v5 comes out with support of third party modules, please provide a wiki/info page on how to setup litespeed to use mod_pagespeed/
There is no news about this in LSWS 5.0. But SPDY will. This is great thing!

dihuta

Michael

Staff member
Hi Mike,

Sorry to be confusing. This needs to be clarified:

The final release of LSWS 5.0 will include support for third party modules. Right now we're just at release candidate 1. There are still a number of features that have not been added to 5.0 (but that will be before the final release).

The feature that will be used to support PageSpeed is LSWS's support of an API for integrating third party modules. There is still a ways to go before LSWS Enterprise will support this, though. We are planning to release the API first for OpenLiteSpeed so that we can test functionality there and then bring it over to LSWS Enterprise. The API should be released for OpenLiteSpeed very, very soon, but we are not sure how long it will be before we can move it over to Enterprise.

PageSpeed will be supported through the use of a module that will integrate PageSpeed with LSWS through the API. In this case, it is not really a third party module, since we are building the module ourselves.

Sorry that this wasn't clear earlier. We're happy to answer any questions you have.

Cheers,

Michael

dihuta

Hi Mike,

Sorry to be confusing. This needs to be clarified:

The final release of LSWS 5.0 will include support for third party modules. Right now we're just at release candidate 1. There are still a number of features that have not been added to 5.0 (but that will be before the final release).

The feature that will be used to support PageSpeed is LSWS's support of an API for integrating third party modules. There is still a ways to go before LSWS Enterprise will support this, though. We are planning to release the API first for OpenLiteSpeed so that we can test functionality there and then bring it over to LSWS Enterprise. The API should be released for OpenLiteSpeed very, very soon, but we are not sure how long it will be before we can move it over to Enterprise.

PageSpeed will be supported through the use of a module that will integrate PageSpeed with LSWS through the API. In this case, it is not really a third party module, since we are building the module ourselves.

Sorry that this wasn't clear earlier. We're happy to answer any questions you have.

Cheers,

Michael
This's clear.
Thank you.

Michael

Staff member
Howdy,

It will still probably be a while. We've made a lot of progress towards getting LSWS 5.0 stable, but even after 5.0 is officially released, PageSpeed support was only just released for OpenLiteSpeed and is still being improved on.

Cheers,

Michael

wanah

Hello Michael.

Any news on 5.0 stable or about that thing you are working in that the webhosting industry is crying for ? Very excited about both !

Michael

Staff member
Hi Wanah,

Glad to hear you're excited. Sorry, but I don't really have anything I can update everyone on. Progress on both is continuing apace, but we're not close enough to release for me to give a release date. They're coming, but they still need more work.

Thanks for checking in!

Michael