Newbie questions for Cpanel/WHM Litespeed setup

I'm a bit confused about what optimal settings I should be using for litespeed with cPanel.

I did the installation through the cPanel plugin and their was an option to enable phpsuexec. For a shared hosting environment what would be the best option? I've read about increased security but also accelerators such as eAccelerator do not work with it.

In the Wiki it said that I have to manually build php5 myself, is that outdated? Can I use the 'Build matching PHP Binary' feature in the WHM plugin?

Does the LSAPI for PHP/Ruby come installed with the webserver by default, or do I have to install the LSAPI's separately?

Are there any other further optimization settings I can do to help speed up/secure a shared hosting environment? Is their any other common problems I should be concerned about?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
PHP suEXEC is recommended for shared hosting, does not like Apache's solution like suphp, eaccelerator works well with LiteSpeed PHP suEXEc.

"Building matching PHP binary" does it for PHP.

You need to manually install ruby LSAPI if you plan to support RoR.

So PHP LSAPI is installed by default?

Are their any other further optimization settings to help improve loading times, sometimes it seems like images are loading a bit too slow, though I haven't tested it on many domains.