No ipv6 addresses to select for listener

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by raphidae, Feb 27, 2012.

1. raphidae

raphidae Member

I wanted to create an ipv6 listener, but there are no ipv6 addresses in the 'IP Address' dropdown box to select.

It's the standard edition, but I didn't see the standard edition being limited to ipv4 only in the comparison. I have several enterprise editions on similar systems already using ipv6.

What could be causing lsws not to see any ipv6 on the system?

Lsws is 4.1.10/4.1.11 on FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE #22: Sun Jan 29 07:28:03 CET 2012.
  2. raphidae

raphidae Member

Surely you could tell me whether I'm hitting a limit or a bug here.
  3. webizen

webizen New Member

Don't see problem in our lab which is build out of vanilla FreeBSD8.2 iso.

Freebsd8-32bit# uname -a
    FreeBSD Freebsd8-32bit.litespeedtech.com 8.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE #0: Fri Feb 18 02:24:46 UTC 2011 root@almeida.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386

maybe your FreeBSD is a different build?
  4. raphidae

raphidae Member

I'm using 8-STABLE, same as our production servers that have no problem with ipv6 listeners.

But am I to understand that I'm not hitting a limit of the fee version? If you can confirm that I'll do some more debugging and report back.
  5. raphidae

raphidae Member

Well, usually you'd upgrade after installing a -RELEASE, so I'm quite sure that nobody uses the same build as you do on a production server.

I recommend testing against both 8-STABLE and 9-CURRENT in the future.

Also, the machine I'm having this problem on is amd64.
  6. webizen

webizen New Member

7. raphidae

raphidae Member

Yes, this fixes the problem. Is a x64 Std version something that will be generally available or just as workaround? I do not see it on the download page.
    Last edited: May 9, 2012