partyvan.info down?

Discussion in 'General' started by Modemac, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Modemac

Modemac New Member

Hello, Litespeed folks. As I'm sure you are aware, Litespeed is listed as the host for the domain partyvan.info, which has been at the center of a huge controversy involving the Church of Scientology for the past week or so. (See: http://www.modemac.com/wiki/ANONYMOUS for more information.) Today, the site is down. The question on everyone's mind is simply: is the site down because of overuse, or did Scientology representatives contact Litespeed and request that the site be taken down?

Thank you for your time.
  2. ts77

ts77 New Member

Litespeed is a webserver *software*, not a host. therefore you will have to contact the real host or site owner.
  3. felosi

felosi New Member

That is on one of my management client's server. Litespeed did not have the site disabled, I dont think it is against any of their terms. It seems to be just a wki. BUT when the client had that site moved onto the server I had advised them into removing a lot of the content.

This being said, i wouldnt count on that site being on that server or network very long, I would almost guarantee a terms violation from either the network or litespeed itself. Then again, That cult may go threatening legal action on everyone. So I would say partyvan's days on that server is numbered

The reason the site was down on and off the other day was simply large attacks and that wiki is a resource hog so it had to be disabled a few times until the attacks were brought under control