php 4.4.7 + curl, what did I do wrong?

aww

While I am still trying to figure out what I messed up with the old lsphp which I cannot get back online I thought I would post my attempt at php 4.4.7 and see if there is anything obvious as to why it seemed to build but threw errors on start:

first I pulled down what I thought I needed and unpacked
Code:
cd /
wget http://us3.php.net/get/php-4.4.7.tar.gz/from/us2.php.net/mirror
rm -rf php-4.4.7
tar zvxf php-4.4.7.tar.gz
cd php-4.4.7/sapi
wget  http://www.litespeedtech.com/packages/lsapi/php-litespeed-3.1.tgz
tar zvxf php-litespeed-3.1.tgz
wget  http://curl.haxx.se/download/curl-7.16.2.tar.gz
tar zvxf curl-7.16.2.tar.gz
then do the make
Code:
cd ..
touch ac*
./buildconf --force
./configure --with-litespeed --with-config-file-path=../php --with-mysql=/usr --with-zlib --with-zlib-dir=.. --with-gd --with-jpeg-dir=.. --with-png-dir=.. --enable-shmop --enable-track-vars --enable-sockets --enable-sysvsem --enable-sysvshm --enable-magic-quotes --with-openssl  --with-curl
make
make install
Now that configure line is a hybrid of my old cpanel/apache/phpinfo result where I didn't need all that junk but wanted a few things
'./configure' '--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs' '--prefix=/usr/local' '--with-xml' '--with-mm' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--with-curl' '--with-dom' '--with-dom-xslt' '--with-dom-exslt' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--with-gd' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6' '--with-gettext' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-mbstr-enc-trans' '--enable-mbregex' '--with-mcrypt' '--with-mhash' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--with-mm' '--with-mysqli' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-openssl' '--enable-discard-path' '--with-pear' '--with-pspell' '--enable-xslt' '--with-xslt-sablot' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-track-vars' '--with-ttf' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--enable-wddx' '--with-xmlrpc' '--with-zip' '--with-zlib'
and litespeed's default phpinfo configure line
./configure --with-litespeed --with-config-file-path=../php --with-mysql=../mysql --with-zlib --with-zlib-dir=.. --with-gd --with-jpeg-dir=.. --with-png-dir=.. --enable-shmop --enable-track-vars --enable-sockets --enable-sysvsem --enable-sysvshm --enable-magic-quotes
resulting in
./configure --with-litespeed --with-config-file-path=../php --with-mysql=/usr --with-zlib --with-zlib-dir=.. --with-gd --with-jpeg-dir=.. --with-png-dir=.. --enable-shmop --enable-track-vars --enable-sockets --enable-sysvsem --enable-sysvshm --enable-magic-quotes --with-openssl --with-curl
(basically I wanted to add curl and threw in openssl too, note how I changed the --with-mysql=/usr per the wiki instructions and used the same path the old apache phpinfo shows)

final steps
Code:
cd /opt/lsws/fcgi-bin/
mv lsphp lsphp.old
cp /php-4.4.7/sapi/litespeed/php lsphp

cd ..
fcgi-bin/lsphp -v    <-- seems to pass, shows "(litespeed)"

copy old default lsws php.ini to proper new conf place per wiki
cp /opt/lsws/php/php.ini /opt/lsws/conf/php.ini

server lsws restart
and didn't work - lots of errors in the logs on startup

Anything obviously wrong?

Last edited:

aww

Happy discovery, I was able to build it using the above steps by dropping down to 4.4.6

Runs without a hitch and with curl
And because I went to 4.4.6 I could re-use your phpa install

Oh and the step about the php.ini needing to be in conf is wrong, phpinfo says it's reading it from /php/php.ini

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
The problem with 4.4.7 could be mismatched eAccelerator, when you upgrade PHP, you have to disable opcode cache first.

We have made the eAccelerator for PHP 4.4.7 available.