php-5.2.5 + lsapi issue with FreeBSD 5.5

I am having difficulty compiling php+lsapi. Please have a look at this:

[root@* /home/jeff/php-5.2.5]# ./configure --help | grep litespeed
--with-litespeed Build PHP as litespeed module

.. so i'll now run a basic ./configure just to demonstrate the issue (I first tried with all kinds of options as one would expect):

[root@* /home/jeff/php-5.2.5]# ./configure --with-litespeed

... etc .. etc ..

Thank you for using PHP.

Notice: Following unknown configure options were used:

--with-litespeed

Check './configure --help' for available options

[root@* /home/jeff/php-5.2.5]#

I am following the Wiki to the "T." I tried by manually downloading php and lsapi seperately and by using the pre-fab tgz. Additionally, I followed these exact instructions on a CentOS Linux server earlier today without any issues.

This is my uname output:

[root@* /home/jeff/php-5.2.5]# uname -a
FreeBSD * 5.5-RELEASE-p11 FreeBSD 5.5-RELEASE-p11 #6: Tue Apr 10 11:40:31 PDT 2007 root@*:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/* i386

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
With FreeBSD, maybe you can try to patch the PHP source from FreeBSD port, this problem is specific for the build tool on freebsd, I believe.

With all due respect, i'm not sure exactally what you're suggesting I do to the ports. All the port is going to do is download the same file that I downloaded myself and run configure/make/make install.

You're advertising this as a FreeBSD compatible software package, can you not tell me specifically what needs to happen to make this work using the prescribed installation method?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Some FreeBSD ports will apply freebsd specific patch to the source code.
Anyway, we will give it a try in our lab and make it work.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
We tried it on our FreeBSD system, it works fine. I guess it might be related to some of the packages in the build tool chain on your server. Can you PM your server login, we will take a look at it.