PHP crashing, How can we send you PHP Core dumps ?

Monarobase

Hello,

I activated PHP core dumping to try and work out why I get so many crashes and I've now god a large number of core dumps…

I've seen on previous posts that you requested that the user send them to you. How can I send you some of these core dumps ?

The compressed file from one account is 164MB.

Also what can be done about your forum only saving the first lines of each entry I post ?

Thanks

Monarobase

Hello,

I've just checked and I was mistaken, the coredumps are a few days old so they to not apply to my current setup. I haven't had any since but I've still got error 503's.

I will continue in the other ticket I have already opened :)

NiteWave

Administrator
for 503 error, it usually means php crash.
please check lsphp5 setting in
Server->External App->lsphp5->
Memory Soft Limit (bytes)
Memory Hard Limit (bytes)

since 1G xcache will be calculated as part of lsphp5 process, so this soft/hard limit should > 1G. if memory assigned to lsphp5 exceed these limit(especially hard limit?), lsphp5 process may be killed by OS(or litespeed process?), so 503 error.

Monarobase

I don't think it's a memory issue, I've got 10GB as soft limit and 12GB as hard limit.

I've just increased the limit to 30GB soft limit and 32GB hard limit to be sure to never go near these limits (server has got 256GB).

Monarobase

I'm watching the logs to try and determine when it happens and if anything happens just before it happens.

When I run /scripts/restartsrv_httpd it seems to run a full restart for LSPHP and litespeed is unable to access PHP during this time thus causing 503 error messages.

I think cPanel runs this script for each account when it rotates the logs once a day unless piped logging is activated. I haven't looked into how litespeed does it's logging and if I can activate piped logging in order to not restart Litespeed multiple times a day.

Monarobase

I've just found out that a gracefull restart from litespeed webadmin causes 503 errors…

I see litespeed runnning a gracefull restart then I see scripts trying to access PHP and it failing to respond multiple times.

Is this normal ? how can I prevent getting these errors ?

Last edited: