PHP error Display?

Discussion in 'Install/Configuration' started by vivek, Feb 6, 2008.

1. vivek

vivek New Member

Hello

I think LiteSpeed is not displaying php errors.

How to enable it ?

The php config is the default, so I guess the error display option in php.ini will be the default (display errors)

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you
    Vivek
  2. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

If you mean displaying error in user's browser, you need to check a phpinfo page to make sure php configuration has been set properly.

If you want to user view PHP errors in cPanel, you need to change the location of error.log to /usr/local/apache/log/error_log, where apache place its error log.
  3. xing

xing LiteSpeed Staff

Check your php.ini and make sure display errors is enabled.

We recommend having it disabled for security reasons.
  4. vivek

vivek New Member

Thanks, I rechecked php.ini and found it is off.

We need this because there are some developors who need it for debugging their application.

thank you
  5. vivek

vivek New Member

Sorry, I did not understand. In normal case , where we can see the php errors in cPanel ?
  6. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

They should be able to override PHP error_reporting configuration in .htaccess with "php_value" directive. It should be off globally.
    cPanel can view error log for each vhost. should have a button available.
  7. vivek

vivek New Member

I think I am missing it.
    Can you tell me where is the button ?

Thanks
  8. vivek

vivek New Member

Where can I see a button or hyperlink for viewing Apache logs in cPanel , so that I can replace the log with LiteSpeed's log file.?
  9. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

something like "error log" as I remember.
  10. vivek

vivek New Member

As far as I know, there is no such option in cPanel to see the Apache error.log file.

Correct me if I am wrong.
  11. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

12. vivek

vivek New Member

Oh! I see. I thought that you are talking about WHM . Ok, thank you , I found it

I just have a question, Why dont we make a shortcut of litespeed error.log file in apache log's folder so that whenever cpanel reads apache log file , it display litespeed 's log?
  13. vivek

vivek New Member

One more, How can cPanel distinguish which line in litespeed log files is belongs to the selected domain(cpanel account) and which are not ?

I think cPanel can do this with Apache's log and that is why cPanel is displaying the logs for a single domain.

Please dont mind If I am asking noob questions, Just want to study these things.
  14. vivek

vivek New Member

Woh!

Seems like it is really working!

I did this.

cd /usr/local/apache/logs/
    rm -rf /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log
    ln -s /home/lsws/logs/error.log error_log

And when I opened a cPanel account, woh! I can see the log there for that single domain!

Vivek
  15. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

We have updated our default httpd_config.xml for cPanel installation, to write error log to /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log, so, it should work out of box.