PHP error Display?

vivek

Hello

I think LiteSpeed is not displaying php errors.

How to enable it ?

The php config is the default, so I guess the error display option in php.ini will be the default (display errors)

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you
Vivek

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
If you mean displaying error in user's browser, you need to check a phpinfo page to make sure php configuration has been set properly.

If you want to user view PHP errors in cPanel, you need to change the location of error.log to /usr/local/apache/log/error_log, where apache place its error log.

xing

LiteSpeed Staff
Check your php.ini and make sure display errors is enabled.

We recommend having it disabled for security reasons.

vivek

Thanks, I rechecked php.ini and found it is off.

We need this because there are some developors who need it for debugging their application.

thank you

vivek

If you want to user view PHP errors in cPanel, you need to change the location of error.log to /usr/local/apache/log/error_log, where apache place its error log.
Sorry, I did not understand. In normal case , where we can see the php errors in cPanel ?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
They should be able to override PHP error_reporting configuration in .htaccess with "php_value" directive. It should be off globally.
cPanel can view error log for each vhost. should have a button available.

vivek

Where can I see a button or hyperlink for viewing Apache logs in cPanel , so that I can replace the log with LiteSpeed's log file.?

vivek

One more, How can cPanel distinguish which line in litespeed log files is belongs to the selected domain(cpanel account) and which are not ?

I think cPanel can do this with Apache's log and that is why cPanel is displaying the logs for a single domain.

Please dont mind If I am asking noob questions, Just want to study these things.

vivek

Woh!

Seems like it is really working!

I did this.

cd /usr/local/apache/logs/
rm -rf /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log
ln -s /home/lsws/logs/error.log error_log

And when I opened a cPanel account, woh! I can see the log there for that single domain!

Vivek

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
We have updated our default httpd_config.xml for cPanel installation, to write error log to /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log, so, it should work out of box.