PHP install for Litespeed

Discussion in 'PHP' started by netjess, Mar 22, 2011.

1. netjess

netjess New Member

I am having real time trying to get PHP installed with lsws.
    I keep getting erros like ac_fn_c_try_link: not found

I have read http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php?id=litespeed_wiki:php:lsapi:troubleshoot

and several other threads regarding the PHP install. This is on a barebones install. I installed the OS from start, Ubuntu 10.4.2. Installed MySQL, and Litespeed. I have a application that errors stating that it requires PHP 5.2 or greater so I try to compile via Litespeed admin interface and fight with many errors. I try from cli as per the above instructions and I still cannot get it to install.
    I am running this via sudo.
    Final line of install failure reads:
    ./configure: 12050: checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... : not found
    eval: 1: Bad substitution

Thanks for any help.
  2. netjess

netjess New Member

PHP Package

Could I get this to work using 'sudo apt-get install php5' or will that not get PHP to work on the Litespeed web server?
  3. webizen

webizen New Member

you need to build php within lsws as you first did from admin console.

what options do you use to compile LSPHP?
  4. netjess

netjess New Member

PHP install

I am trying to build a dev machine to be installed as close as possible to a production machine that someone else at our hosting site built.

here are the istructions that I have.

The first thing is getting the server with the correct modules. Running

apt-get install autotools-dev comerr-dev freetds-dev libaspell-dev libbsd-dev libbz2-dev libc6-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libdb-dev libdb4.8-dev libedit-dev libenchant-dev libexpat1-dev libfontconfig1-dev libfreetype6-dev libgcrypt11-dev libgd2-xpm-dev libglib2.0-dev libgmp3-dev libgpg-error-dev libice-dev libicu-dev libidn11-dev libjpeg62-dev libkrb5-dev libldap2-dev libltdl-dev libmcrypt-dev libmhash-dev libmysqlclient-dev libncurses5-dev libpam0g-dev libpcre3-dev libpng12-dev libpq-dev libpspell-dev libpthread-stubs0-dev librecode-dev libsasl2-dev libsm-dev libsnmp-dev libsqlite0-dev libssh2-1-dev libsqlite3-dev libssl-dev libstdc++6-4.4-dev libt1-dev libtidy-dev libwrap0-dev libx11-dev libxau-dev libxaw7-dev libxcb1-dev libxdmcp-dev libxext-dev libxml2-dev libxmltok1-dev libxmu-dev libxpm-dev libxslt1-dev libxt-dev

will get the server up to the point needed. Then running apt-get upgrade

Building php will be done in litespeed with the options below.

'--prefix=/usr/local/lsws/lsphp5' '--with-mysqli' '--with-zlib' '--with-gd' '--enable-shmop' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-mbstring' '--with-iconv' '--with-mysql' '--with-mcrypt' '--with-curl' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr/include' '--with-png-dir=/usr/include' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr/include' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--with-t1lib=/usr/include' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/include' '--with-litespeed' '--with-pdo-mysql' '--enable-soap' '--with-openssl' '--enable-suhosin'

After that point, running

/usr/local/lsws/lsphp5/bin/pecl install -f ssh2

Then uncomment extension=ssh2.so from within /usr/local/lsws/lsphp5/lib/php.ini
  5. netjess

netjess New Member

PHP Install comments.

I have updated everything possible and I had to manually install the Suhosin patch.

compiling through lsws admin interface does not work. it complains of the erros that I posted above that it look like file not found errors but I have not been able to find anywhere to explicitly give it a good path(s).
  6. webizen

webizen New Member

run 'php -i' on your production server and paste the portion of 'Configure Command =>' here. the compile option you used is the default that comes with LSWS which may not suit for your need.
  7. webizen

webizen New Member

I am able to duplicate the problem with php 5.2 build but not with 5.3. Will get back to you shortly.
  8. webizen

webizen New Member

For php 5.2, autoconf2.13 is required.

9. netjess

netjess New Member

PHP info

First, thanks for helping.

php -i did not return any output 'Configure Command=>'

It does return this though:
    phpinfo()
    PHP Version => 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.5

So it looks like I need to install a higher version anyway to make sure my dev box matches my prod.
    I had actually started at the highest offered (5.3.5) in the admin interface but that was full of compile issues with incorrect URLs for downloads and such.
    I tried a number of versions just trying to get something above 5.2 to compile but I am not sure if I tried 5.3.2 in particular. I am going to try that and see if I can get it to go.

Thanks again. I'll let you know if it works.
  10. netjess

netjess New Member