PHP Set UID Mode

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Thanks!

It is possible to run PHP in suexec CGI mode, there is no dedicated configuration for this but it can be done with some simple rewrite rules to simulate Apache's "Hanlder" directive. I will post the rewrite rule later.

Anyway, running PHP as CGI does not give the best performance.
It is not possible to do that with lsphp yet, it is on our to do list. :)

Happy new year!

pizzaman

mistwang,

I've read through a couple posts regarding running PHP suExec through fastcgi interface, and what I understand is that it's currently not possible in a straightforward way. However, you suggested that it's possible to do so if we provide dedicated php-fcgi process for each UID. How exactly do we do that?

I've running such a setup with lighttpd with great success bar some sites canot be run there since due to some complications in its rewrite enginge--so I decide to give litespeed a try. So far so good, except I need to run php in suExec way. :)

Thanks in advance.

pizzaman

Oh wow, at first I set "CGI Set UID Mode" to "CGI File UID" and the script ran as "nobody". After I changed it to "DocRoot UID", then it magically runs as that user. :)

Thanks for your answer. I'll spend some time testing litespeed and if it turns out ok, will move some production sites to using it (behind apache proxy).

pizzaman, could you please post how you created the FastCGI app ?

I am able to run the same if i start a php -b under the user I plan to but a start wrapper would be supreme for what I am trying to do.

Thank you.

Regards
Arkadius