PostNuke .750 MySQL and FreeBSD 5.3

joe

Just did a bread and butter install of litespeed onto an existing FreeBSD 5.3 box which had mysql 5.0.0_2 client and server packages installed. Had php5, but it was removed before with no concerns.

After installing lite speed and setting up a virtual host to point to the PostNuke install folders it fails in the installion while attempting to connect to the database with this error:

No database made.Error connecting to db
Program: /usr/local/lsws/DEFAULT/html/PostNuke-0.750/html/install/db.php - Line N.: 45
Database: litespeed
Error (1250) : Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

I saw a similar post here about phpBB, and you're obviously not having troubles so....
the php.info output shows that the mysql.sock is correctly found in /tmp/mysql.sock. I had to add this to the php.ini. according to the other post. Now I'm stuck. I'm sure the mysql account I'm using to login from the PostNuke install exists and mysql is running.

What am I missing next??

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Which version of MySQL are you using?
I am afraid you need to follow our Howto to build your own php binary with the updated MySQL client, the default MySQL client comes with PHP 4.3.x is MySQL version 3.xx client library. I think the error message is pretty clear. :)

joe

Ok! success: here's what I did.....

As I wrote above, the current mysql version is 5.0.0_2, both client and server packages provided by 5.3 freebsd.

I got php5.0.3 from the main php site and built it with this statement:

./configure --enable-fastcgi --with-config-file-path=../conf' --enable-discard-path --disable-path-info-check --with-mysql=/usr/local/bin/mysql

copying the php bin over as the how to says and Poof! got right into the new PostNuke install. Have yet to copy my exist site & data over, but I think this was the hard part. Still using the original php.ini, so I expect my next hurdle will be in there somewhere.

Thanks for the assist. So far, so nice...