Problem with LSAPI 1.8/PHP in 2.1.11?

Discussion in 'Install/Configuration' started by jburks725, Feb 16, 2006.

  1. jburks725

    jburks725 New Member

    I just updated to 2.1.11 and all of my PHP apps are returning 503. It's starting lsphp, but nothing is working. I was using a hand-compiled php 5.0.5 with the 1.8 litespeed universal patch. I thought maybe I did something wrong in the compile, so I tried copying the admin_php binary that came with 2.1.11 to the server's fcgi-bin directory and using that as lsphp, and I still get the same problem. Logging into the admin console works just fine, so there seems to be a difference in the way that the normal server processes use LSAPI versus the admin console. I turned on debug logging and don't see anything useful.

    I reverted to my copy of php 5.0.5 that was compiled with universal patch 1.7 and it seems to work just fine. I see that the differences between the two are quite minimal (just another error check in the library file), so I'm hoping it's safe to run 1.7 for a while. Please let me know what's going on here.

    I'm running LiteSpeed on Debian with a 2.6.12 kernel.
  2. mistwang

    mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

    I think it is because the opcode cache does not match PHP release, turn off the opcode cache should fix it. you need to compile opcode cache as well.
  3. jburks725

    jburks725 New Member

    Hmm...I'll try it again, but I don't think that's it. It was the same PHP release, all I did was make clean, remove the old sapi/litespeed, extract the new one, and then the touch ac*, buildconf --force, configure, make sequence. As nothing else changed by the files in sapi/litespeed, I didn't think it was necessary to recompile eAccelerator. I'll let you know what happens tonight though.
  4. xing

    xing LiteSpeed Staff

    jb, I cannot reproduce this problem.

    Did a clean compile of php 5.1.2 with lsapi 1.8 and overwrote an existing installation of php 5.1.2 with lsapi 1.7 on a live server. No problems.

    Perhaps downloading a clean php source and recompiling from scratch will help. I have had problems in the past where even make clean did not clean out all the files from prior config.

Share This Page