Problems with lsws

I installed lsws a few days ago, if the trial will turn out ok, I will buy a license. But, that`s not the issue. I installed lsws the first time, and everything went ok, except that I assigned nobody:nobody to the process. I ran this install several days, switched over to port 80, everything smooth. Then I saw some posts that a reinstall could cure the nobody issue, so I create a user group lsws, user lsws, started the reinstall, selected the right ports and lsws started. I even selected to import the apache conf, after changing lsws port offset corectly. But for my surprise, it doesn`t load httpd.conf. Odd, I turned on apache, moved lsws port offset a bit higher, then I tried to access the pages and it doesn`t work, although, now, the virtualhosts have been loaded. Help, fast !!! Site is launching in 3 days.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Are you using cPanel or other control panel?
If you use cPanel, you need to install LSWS as nobody:nobody, if you use direct admin, you need to install LSWS as apache:apache, do not import apache configuration during installation. do not use port 80 and port 2080 during installation.
Please strictly follow our tutorial in our wiki.

Using nobody should not cause any issue. If Apache run as nobody, LSWS need to run as nobody as well.