questions about the enterprise version ...

ts77

hi there,

as you seem to offer the enterprise version now I was wondering about some of its features which are listed on the features-page:
Load Balancing
High Availability

How do these work? What should they do and what requirements do they have?
(I know what these terms mean but was wondering what they mean in litespeed-webserver ;))

Also for buying this version, is a HT-enabled P4 counted as 2 CPUs? If not, is there a single-cpu-version available? ;)

thx,

thomas

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Load balancing is not available yet. Maybe next in major release.
True high availability will be available when our dedicate load balancer is ready. However, all of our product offers 0 download time, restart, configuration apply, even software upgrade, if the server hardware does not fail, it will provide pretty high availability.

Right now we does not offer single CPU license, but it may change in the future. Two worker processes will be started with a 2 CPU license, whether to use it on a single CPU system, HT or real SMP system is up to you. :)

ts77

I guess you should rewrite your feature-list for the enterprise-version then.
stating features there which don't exist yet or will be in an additional product doesn't make too much sense to me ;).

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Addressed.
There will be special code in Enterprise to tightly integrate with our load balancer for the high availability feature, like heart beats, auto restart, etc. Which is not available with other products.

ts77

Too bad, I was hoping it would have these features.
I just need either build-in load-balancing (with fail-over) or at least fast-cgi-load-balancing with dead-fcgi-backend detection.