Rails stopped running with LSAPI 2.7

Discussion in 'Ruby/Rails' started by palb, Sep 1, 2007.

1. palb

palb New Member

Please help. I updated with gem and now my apps doesn't run.

I should add that I messed around with the gem mysql. I had problem with the update, but after "gem install mysql -- --with-mysql-config" I was able to install it. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
  2. palb

palb New Member

Got it working when installing it myself and skipping gem. Would be better if the gem version works.
  3. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

Uploaded the gem package again, should work now.
  4. palb

palb New Member

Great. I'll try it. How do I uninstall the one I installed myself? Do I just remove /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/i686-darwin8.9.1/lsapi.bundle?
  5. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

Yes, that will do it.
  6. palb

palb New Member

It doesn't. Could it be something about rights? I run the server with me as user and group
  7. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

Has the gem being properly installed. maybe it take for a while to have all rubyforge mirrors got synced. Can you compare the source files in the gem package and the tar.gz package from our site?
  8. palb

palb New Member

I guess I could. Haven't done something like that before.

--

Now when I look in /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ I find another dir called gems (that is ../gems/gems/) and in there I find a directory called ruby-lsapi-2.7. Should it be there?
  9. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

It should be /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ruby-lsapi-2.7, something wrong with your gem installation.
  10. palb

palb New Member

Hmm. I think I'll uninstall everything about Rubygems and reinstall it. Do you know if that means rm the gems directory in /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8? And what is this site_ruby directory? Should I also remove the file rubygems.rb in there?

(Btw, in site_ruby I also have a file called ubygems.rb. Sounds strange, doesn't it.)