Real-world tests

Hi,
I've setup the server for a real-world test and it didn't work. When the traffic hit about 2.5 Mbit I started getting "server busy" error. The computer seems well within normal operating parameters. Is this because the "standard" version is restricted or something is not configured right ?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Thank you for trying our product. I think it is a configuration problem.

Need to know more about your test.

OS? LiteSpeed Version? What load testing tool is used? what kind of content is served? static file, PHP, CGI? How many concurrent users are served? Output in the real time report page when the error happens? How soon does it start happening?

If possible, please send us your lsws/logs/error.log with "debug level" set to "HIGH", remove the log file when error starts, let it run for a while.

George

Well, let's see:

Tool: the Internet. This WAS a real world test.
Content: 85% dynamic (generated by the content servers). LiteSpeed is proxying the content servers.
Concurent users: I lost that. There where about 80 req/sec and 1500 connections on port 80 at the time. It starts happening when the traffic grows above 2.7 Mbit ( or maybe it's connection related). I initialy suspected that the 300 connection limit in "Standard" edition may have something to do with it. Just before I stopped the test the content servers logs show increased number of connections - like the proxy (LiteSpeed) would slow down and not accept the output as fast. BTW, the buffer in LiteSpeed was set to 20MB - more than enough.

I wish I can send you the log, but the test ended and the logs where minimal (high bandwidth site). I'm not sure I'll try that again, but if I do I'd like to have minimal restrictions from the software. I'm not sure it's possible to have detailed logs at the traffic we're running here.

Cheers,
Gabriel

ts77

> I initialy suspected that the 300 connection limit in "Standard" edition may have something to do with it.

you should just have checked that in the real-time-report page.
or have you been a bit below it?
I think there is a trial of the "higher" versions to try them out too.