Repeated update notification

Hi,
I keep receiving these messages from our server:
New update release 4.1.10-ent is available, please download.
I updated to 4.1.11 via the web interface (see attachment) and have restarted lsws, but am still receiving these messages to update to 4.1.10-ent. Note that I was already running 4.1.10 when these messages started about a week ago. Any suggestions, please?

Attachments

webizen

check the permission and ownership of /usr/local/lsws/autoupdate directory and /usr/local/lsws/autoupdate/release and make sure LiteSpeed running user has write permission.

Hi,
/usr/local/lsws/autoupdate is owned by lsadm and /usr/local/lsws/autoupdate/release is owned by the user nobody (with write permissions).

Hi,
I believe that's done the trick. When I restarted lsws after changing ownership, I received an email notification for 4.1.11 (instead of 4.1.10, as before) and it prompted me to install 4.1.11 in the admin console.

Any ideas why this happened? It was a clean install of 4.1.10 on our server, without any permissions having been changed.

webizen

don't think you need to restart lsws to make it effective.

however, upgrade from web console should not affect ownership. it should be owned by lsadm (lsws admin user).