[REQ] Litespeed slow after run every 2-3 days

b0ngma01

Hi support,

I use LiteeSpeed for my Server with 2 cores license, avg online user is 1000 -> 5000 (google analytics). After run 2-3 days my server is very slow, but if I restart lsws service my server work well and very fast. So If I order more core license, my server will work well, right?
Here is my server details:
- 2xCPU E5620 8 core/CPU
- 48GB RAM
- HDD 1TB + 120GB SSD for MySQL
- 2 Cores LiteSpeed license

Thanks & Best regards,

NiteWave

Administrator
>So If I order more core license, my server will work well, right?
probably not.

the reason why it becomes slow after 2-3 days may be quite complex or quite simple, it may relate to many factors. but it's not a common case -- we know many litespeed can run for months without a restart in real world.

may need quite some time to identify the root cause --- log in your server, collect some info and do some testing ... but according to your description, a simple way is to create a cron job, restart lsws daily(during low traffic time), to see if the issue will be gone.

a restart won't loose anything -- it's graceful restart, there is no down time, no break to any user request.

wanah

We had a similar issue, we created a ramdisk for gzip cache and litespeed was using up all the inodes. Moving the cache to /dev/shm or increasing the numer of innodes available in the ramdisk solved the issue.

If you have configured alot of cache for litespeed maybe you should try reducing it, it could help…