Requests in Processing VS Request per Second

surfman

I found my Requests in Processing is far lower than Request/Second. is that ok? Requests in Processing is less than 20, but Request/Second is always more than 200, can I increase Requests in Processing?

there is option: Persistent Connection in lsphp settings. it is not available at default. will it increase performance if I turn it on? any potential trouble with it? thanks

by the way, where may I find tuning doc/tips? there are few docs in wiki. thanks.

Last edited:

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
That's perfectly fine as there is no request in the wait Q.
Other than the wiki, there is a howto/FAQ section in the document bundled with the package, you can take a look at that as well as the documentation for each configuration option.

surfman

from my view of point, the Requests in Processing should be close to Request per Second, that may mean server is running well. but what you are saying is on the contrary to my point. am I wrong? May I know what both of them do exactly mean? thanks.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Requests per second is how many requests have been processed during last second.
Requests in Processing is the number of concurrent requests being processing at the time when the report generated.

If a request takes about 1ms to process, you could get 1000 with Requests per second, while getting 1 request in processing.