[Resolved] Yet another problem with Litespeed.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by VortMax, Jun 25, 2010.

1. VortMax

VortMax New Member

eaccelerator.shm_size = 0
    eaccelerator.enable = 1
    eaccelerator.optimizer = 1

Set enabled to 0 and restart litespeed and test again?
  2. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

that's ok too. have you rebuild lsphp without '--disable-json' ?
  3. VortMax

VortMax New Member

not yet,
    I am in and out today on service calls. I may have a chance to try that later tonight though.
  4. VortMax

VortMax New Member

Had no affect, but it appears that eaccelreator is still running?

5. VortMax

VortMax New Member

By the way....Server load jumped significantly (double) when I tried to save that form again. And it appears that it's not the lsws php process but the lsws httpd process that maxes out:

6. VortMax

VortMax New Member

Any more luck with this? I sent a PM to you earlier in the day. I really need to get this fixed ASAP.

Thank you
  7. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

I will check it later today.
  8. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

The 99% cpu is caused by PCRE pattern matching, when processing mod_security rules, rebuild LSWS with reduced PCRE looping limit, the 99% cpu problem is gone.

Then there are a few mod_security rules block the POST request, enable debug logging with "SecDebugLogLevel 9" in /etc/httpd/modsecurity.d/modsecurity_crs_10_config.conf, located a few offending rules, comment them out, the site template can be updated now.
  9. VortMax

VortMax New Member

Thank you very much. Can you send me the changes you made to the mod_security stuff via PM. I would like to have a look at it. Curious, what was the purpose of activating the debugging?
  10. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

activating debugging is to find out the offending rule.
    LiteSpeed will log the rule to error.log, reproduce the problem, then grep error.log with your IP. it will list the test string and pattern of the rule, then you can comment it out, try again, until the page works.