Reverse Proxy

Hello,
I have been experiencing DDoS attacks lately.

So I am planning to buy two dedi's in a DDOS protected datacenter and then send the requests back to my original dedi's in another DC's after filtering of traffic.

Can Litespeed help me with this?

Regards

NiteWave

Administrator
installing lsws on DDOS protected datacenter will help a bit. that's hardware + software double protection.

but looks not good idea? you have to pay the traffic between 2 data centers, and transferring between the 2 DCs will be slow compared with LAN.

Traffic is unmetered on the DDOS servers.

The main server has a 1000mbit connection, so I don't think it would be much of an issue.

Is it possible?

Ok OK :)

Btw if I do this setup will it be better?

All servers in Same DC no DDoS protection.

Server 1 running Litespeed to filter requests then forward requests to main server which is also running Litespeed?

Is this good too?

Btw does having a separate DNS server help in DDOS? Like we install CSF on the DNS only server?

NiteWave

Administrator
all servers in a data center should be better than a few data centers.

Server 1 running Litespeed to filter requests then forward requests to main server which is also running Litespeed?
maybe 1 litespeed server is enough. enable its anti-DDOS features, filter requests, while serve filtered requests.

Hello,
I ordered a server.
Config:

Server Specifications: Xeon E5620 (8 Cores With HT)
6Gb Ram

With cPanel.

It will run websites under risk on DDoS attacks. So which license do you recommend?

Regards

Thanks Nitewave.

I'm basically worried about DDoS as I provide DDoS protected hosting.
Most of the client scripts are not very complex, simple php scripts.

So do you think 2 core will handle DDoS better or 4 core license?

Regards

yes, confirmed from our developer, 4 core license will do better than 2 core license when handling ddos.

p.s, you can upgrade/downgrade between 1/2/4/8-CPU license at anytime yourself in our store's client area, to choose the license which is best suitable for your current traffic, load etc. The serial no is same one.

Ok, Also what is the normal Request in processing and Requests per second?
I'm seeing in real time stats around 2000-4000 requests per second, which vary greatly every second and around 0-10 requests in processing, is it normal?

that's normal. it shows your server handle the requests quickly.

if your server is mainly serving download files, you're see big number of "Request in processing" and small number of "Requests per second", since downloading a large file take time to complete.