Server Best Optimization Settings?

Hi, I have a dedicated server running
2x Intel® Xeon® E5-2609 v2 2.5GHz
64GB RAM
2x 1.0TB SATA 7200rpm
Linux Entreprise - CentOS 6 64 bits cPanel/WHM Internal

And i'm trying to get maximum use of litespeed, as I have a website with 20,000 users and get major lag on there.

I've purchased LiteSpeed Enterprise 4CPU license as I have an 8core CPU.

And would really appreciate any help in the direction in which I can optimize lightspeed and other configurations like php and mysql to work together effectively.

I currently have installed PHP 5.5.20 (cli) and MYSQL 5.5.40-cll

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
The default settings of Litespeed have been optimized and you might want to run them firstly . If there is any issue or specific questions, We can look at those to see if there is any further fine tuning options.

I have ran them but on one of my websites I have a slow server response time. What can I do in litespeed to decrease the load time? I'm using gzip on site to compress files and keeping asests local rather than remote.

Michael

Staff member
Howdy,

First and foremost: You'd probably be fine with a 2-CPU license or perhaps even a 1-CPU license. When you have a chance, you should really consider trying a downgrade to see if it effects your performance. Obviously, this isn't going to make your server faster, but it will save you money.

As an extension of the comment above, there's only so much that LSWS can do. It improves resource usage and cuts load caused by high traffic. If you've got some bad WordPress plugins or heavy MySQL queries, though, LSWS is not going to directly make the processing of those faster (though it will free up resources for them).

The first step is going to be figuring out where the bottleneck is. Switching to LSWS may have solved one bottleneck, but now you could be hitting another bottleneck in MySQL or PHP. Run a top command to see what's taking up your resources. Also look in your error logs for errors related to the site that's running slowly. That might give an idea as to where you need to start optimizing.

There are many ways that things can be optimized, but it will help to know what's slowing you down.

Cheers,

Michael

Does initial the default setting causes issue? I have a VPS Server with 4Core, 4GB Ram, Operating with Cloudlinux, and hosting one domain only.
In LiteSpeed admin > configuration > server > tuning > connections
Max connections: 10000
Max SSL connections: 10000
Connection Timeout: 120secs
Max Keep-Alive Requests: 10000
Keep-Alive Timeouts: 10secs
Send Buffer Size: 0bytes
Receive Buffer Size: 0bytes

Do I need to change anything here? Because in the documentation, it says that 500for VPS and 800for UltraVPS?
What should I do now?

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
Max connections: 10000
Max SSL connections: 10000

You don't have HTTP connection? Only HTTPS connection? if so, it is fine.