Similar to "APC refuses to work" - Story about php.ini

Lets make it clear: I had big fun reading already mentioned post by amcd about how 5.1.4 is bad and ugly as build lsapi.

For me this problem is quite the same but also different as I have much less knowledge (and brains) to crack up this nut.

Begin with that I have found a funny thing - after the build according to your php:lsapithe problem emerges. Php.ini (situated in /opt/lsws/conf) is no longer read by lsphp (/opt/lsws/fcgi-bin/). No changes made in php.ini are listed by phpinfo.php as if they had not been made....
The other notable thing is that I saved previous suppied by you lsphp for Php 4.4.2.... and IT WORKS!!! Reads all parametres and outputs them exactly as @they are in php.ini.

I tried to personally recompile php 5.1.4 either with '--with-config-file-path=../conf' and '--with-config-file-path=opt/lsws/conf/php.ini'. But without any remarkable diference.

There only idea that comes to my mind is that:
On line "extension_dir" value set is -
/php5install/php5/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20050922

Which shows that some of the values stay the same after my 1st config of php source. Because after I used /opt/php5 instead of /php5install/php5. It was due to the point that my VPS account has limited use of memory and some of the operations have to be applied by server admins... So after they run "make" - I got some values freezed, but in the same time string "Configuration File (php.ini) Path" changes after I make another ./configure...
Thanks to This I am completely lost...

Alas, Where the Truth Lies?

Thanks. Now I know why people both have games and work. First are developed to have logical means to find the proper wiining solution - the second does not. Only Grim Reaper as the free bonus.

Thank you for reading even this.

Thanks. Hope this issue won't stay unresolved. and I'll be revenged...

Last edited:

xing

LiteSpeed Staff
Try:

1) Comment out the "extension_dir" value in your php.ini.

2) You can force php to use a specific php.ini path by going "php -c /opt/php5/conf/php.ini"

Thanks to the perfect cookie handling of this php board I lost my 1st comment. Too bad...

The 2nd happily for all will be short and just.

The nasty PhP after adding to Command Line (in Ext. Apps) .../lsphp -c /opt/lsws/conf/php.ini was tamed. Thanks to you. And your laziness which prevents you from upgrading wiki and grants an opportunity to have an extremely fruitful conversation. Sarcasm really not a joke.

Thanks. Have a good time before I started installing Ruby On Rails. Really.