SNI: multiple certs for same vhost?

andreas

Hi,

is it possible to use different certificates for the domains of one VHost? The certificates seem to be tied to the VHost, not to the domain-vhost mapping (which would make more sense, IMO).

Thanks
Andreas

webizen

nope. tying certificate to vhost is by design. you can have multiple vhosts share the same config (e.g. docroot, etc) and map these vhosts (domain name matching with certificate CN) to the same listener.

Gosh I would love to see this feature. It's pretty much the biggest thing I'm missing using LiteSpeed vs Apache. I don't want to use a ton of IPs, and a SubjetAltName certificate is too expensive for me...

This feature has my vote!

Ben

Oh, hey, thanks, that's great news! I'll look back through the changelogs and see if I can figure out how to get it working.

Thanks again,

Ben

It has been implemented a while ago, please check change log.
Actually, I'm still where I was stuck before--are there instructions for how to utilize the SNI functionality in LiteSpeed?

I see you can specify a different SSL cert for each VirtualHost, however, whenever I try to create a listener for SSL it wants me to put the cert information in at the listener level--how can I utilize a different SSL certificate for each VirtualHost running on a particular shared IP?

Thanks!

Ben