[solved] Auto Index is disabled for ....

pardis

Hello :

Please see this URL :
http://www.form2online.com/ (403 Forbidden)

when i check server log I see following :
Auto Index is disabled for [/home/formonli/public_html/up/], access denied

this problem occurred only for this customer , How can resolve this ??

Best regards

Last edited by a moderator:

Karl

I apologise for digging an old thread up, but did you get a resolution to this? we're seeing similar issues:

1) some sites work perfect
2) some work okay for the root, but folders don't
3) some don't work at all

All the sites/folders have an index.php file in them. The server has Index Files set as: index.php, index.html

The sites/folders that don't work, if we add:

DirectoryIndex index.php index.html

to the .htaccess then they will work - but we shouldn't need to add this, as it's set at the server level!

Thanks,

pardis

I apologise for digging an old thread up, but did you get a resolution to this? we're seeing similar issues:

All the sites/folders have an index.php file in them. The server has Index Files set as: index.php, index.html

to the .htaccess then they will work - but we shouldn't need to add this, as it's set at the server level!

Thanks,
Hi Karl :
Thank you of your useful comment , I did check user .htaccess file and see :
DirectoryIndex portal.html

web server look into folder portal.html and not found in that folder and error occur. i change that line into :
DirectoryIndex portal.html index.php index.htm
and problem occur.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Hi Karl :
Thank you of your useful comment , I did check user .htaccess file and see :
DirectoryIndex portal.html

web server look into folder portal.html and not found in that folder and error occur. i change that line into :
DirectoryIndex portal.html index.php index.htm
and problem occur.
problem occur? after changing DirectoryIndex, or it is fixed?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff

Thanks,
sometimes, the index file or autoindex was overridden by .htaccess somewhere. try switching back Apache temporarily, if apache is the same, it is a configuration problem, if not, it is a compatibility issue, we will look into it.

Karl

Hi,

There is no Apache on this server - but the same vhosts work fine on the server the sites are being copied from (for ease of transition the Apache vhost config files have been used - but only those, not the rest of the Apache config). All the vhosts follow the exact same settings with the exception of document roots and log file locations - yet some work, and others do not and those that work, in most the index.php won't work as default inside directories. I've checked the .htaccess for DirectoryIndex statements over-riding - there are non.

Thanks,

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Please give latest 4.1.6 a try, and if problem persist, we can do more investigation if you can provide a test server that can be taken down for a while.