[Solved] cPanel email autoconfig not working

Discussion in 'Install/Configuration' started by Monarobase, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Monarobase

Monarobase Member

When I try to access autoconfig.domain.tld on a cPanel 11.36 server I get an error 500 message from litespeed with :

What do I need to do exactly to fix this ?
  2. webizen

webizen New Member

create a symlink in /usr/local/bin/perl => /usr/bin/perl. 11.36 no longer has /usr/local/bin/perl
  3. Monarobase

Monarobase Member

I've already got this symlink and I still get the error
  4. webizen

webizen New Member

check External App (Admin Console => Configuration => Server) page. It seems Web Server (proxy) type External App was not defined or missing. If so, add them back.

5. Monarobase

Monarobase Member

They exist, but I don't think it's them that are causing this.

The lines causing this in cPanel's apache httpd.conf are :

As you can see it doesn't use any of the above ports.

If I create one for port 80 will it cause issues with litespeed ? Shouldn't litespeed already respond to 127.0.0.1 on port 80 ?
  6. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

7. Monarobase

Monarobase Member

No luck so far !

I tried creating a webserver with name 127.0.0.1:80 but it didn't change anything to I set the name to 127.0.0.1 and the address to 127.0.0.1:80 but now autoconfig.domain.tld times out after 60 seconds with a 403 error and nothing in the error_log file.

Even without this entry un the listeners list I see :

As I updated to litespeed 4.2.2 just after updating to cPanel 11.36 and having not tried to access autoconfig.domain.tld before (this feature was first introduced in 11.34) I don't know if the probem was added by LS 4.2.2 or if LS was never working with the autoconfig subdomain
  8. webizen

webizen New Member

For proxy external app, it only handles http://127.0.0.1/ instead of alias like /sys-cgi/ which has to be defined as context in lsws (available at vhost level not server level). so this autoconfig and autodiscover which proxy through cgi-sys cgi is not working in lsws at the moment. will let you know once a fix is available.
  9. webizen

webizen New Member

Fixed in the latest 4.2.2 build.

/usr/local/lsws/admin/misc/lsup.sh -f -v 4.2.2
  10. Monarobase

Monarobase Member

Thanks, that seems to have solved the issue :)