[solved] Problem With HTTP Auth

Discussion in 'General' started by Ghan_04, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Ghan_04

Ghan_04 New Member

Hello,

I'm have trouble setting up HTTP authentication on one of my domains. I have a security realm defined for the vhost with a password file set and a user added to the file through Litespeed. Then I added a Static Context with URI = "/", Accessible = Yes, and Realm set to the realm I defined, however, this setup is not working. I get a prompt for a login when I visit the domain, but I can't login with the username and password I specified for the user DB file. I always just get the login popup again. When I check the log, this is all I get:

Authentication failed with user: 'admin'.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

EDIT: Got it. It seems that just because Litespeed can write to it does not mean that the user the webserver runs as (nobody) can see it - I had it in the conf directory where only lsadm had access.
    Is there an explanation somewhere of the users that Litespeed has and what their roles are that I can read?
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2012
  2. webizen

webizen New Member

litespeed running user (i.e. nobody) is different from lsadm (running user for lsws admin web console which manage/manipulate lsws configuration). lsws running user (nobody) is for lsws access resource resides on server on behalf of end user. lsadm is for lsws backend admin to manage lsws.