SSL installation // beginning process

Discussion in 'Install/Configuration' started by whey, Dec 15, 2008.

1. whey

whey New Member

My SSL provider just came back to me and now i need to generate a csr code. I tried the following:

openssl req -new -key server.key -out server.csr

And nothing happened so I installed openssl 0.9.8i and still nothing, it comes back with:

Code:
    Error opening Private Key server.key                                                                
    5811:error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:bss_file.c:352:fopen('server.key'
    ,'r')                                                                                               
    5811:error:20074002:BIO routines:FILE_CTRL:system lib:bss_file.c:354:                               
    unable to load Private Key    
    any ideas as to what to do? thanks.
  2. whey

whey New Member

Got that figured out, was putting the file in the wrong directory.

however now i got the domainname.key and domainname.csr put in /home/userx for now. where do these files need to placed to work in lsws?

Thanks,
    Andrew
  3. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

We usually put it in /opt/lsws/conf/cert
  4. whey

whey New Member

Got the crt from my SSL provider but now I am getting a ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap error:

https://snailface.org

I have both the private and cert path provided in a new listener with a 128 bit encyrption on ssl v3.0,

Any solutions?

Thanks,
  5. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

check TLS and encryption level "HIGH"
  6. whey

whey New Member

thanks, works now :)

cheers!
  7. whey

whey New Member

is there a way to set all logins thought the litespeed cp to ssl? I thought I seen it around in the manuel can't seem to now.
  8. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

You need to change the admin listener configuration.
  9. anewday

anewday Moderator