Sudden Slow Performance

Discussion in 'Install/Configuration' started by ImZan, Aug 5, 2011.

1. ImZan

ImZan New Member

Hello,

Our pages have been loading slowly the last week. We've not made any changes in our website code. I've checked the database - very little has been done the last week in the DB , and the DB access is first class without issues. The pages used to load in 0.5 seconds . Even alexa rating showed it as such, but recently it's started showing about 2.3s+.

I've made no tweaks or changes to the network. nothing appears in the error logs ( cpanel server ). I've gone through and optimised the mysql as best as possible. Nothing appears different in either systems with their raid etc.

My setup -
    1 db + 1 web server

both server spec
    8 core xeon 5410
    16GB
    2 x ssd ( in db server it's 1 x mysql folder drive, 1 x system + in web - it's a raid1 )

The machines mainly some PHP intensive websites. Two blogs ( optimised with w3cache ) and a kayako helpdesk. I think I need to optimise my PHP settings. Can you recommend something for me ? Or give any clues as to where the issues might be ?
  2. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

You really need to look into what is the bottle neck of your server when it is slow.

could be CPU, memory, disk I/O, network I/O. check top, iostat and dmesg.