Symlink not following - 403

Karl

Hi,

We've got a problem with symlinks in 4.1.8 Enterprise. It's set to follow them, yet it appears to actually be doing "If owner match".

We have:

/home/<user1>/folder/images

which is a symlink to:

/home/<user2>/folder/folder/images

The symlink is onwed by user1, the destination folder by user2.

With Follow Symlinks set to Yes, we get 403 errors. If we change the owner of the destination to user1 it all works fine - which is what I would expect if follow symlinks was set to "If owner match".

Thanks,

Karl

Karl

Hi,

This is a stand alone install, no cPanel. It is using Apache configs (customer was migrated from an Apache box), Options +FollowSymLinks is there though.

Will turn up the debug logging when I can reload LSWS (it's a v. v. busy server).

Thanks,

Karl

Code:
Found symbolic link, or owner of symbolic link and link target does not match for path
Code:
File Access
Follow Symbolic Link	Yes
Check Symbolic Link	No
Required Permission Mask	000
Restricted Permission Mask	 000

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Hi,

This is a stand alone install, no cPanel. It is using Apache configs (customer was migrated from an Apache box), Options +FollowSymLinks is there though.

Will turn up the debug logging when I can reload LSWS (it's a v. v. busy server).

Thanks,
Where you put "Options +FollowSymLinks"? If it is in .htaccess, you need to check if "AllowOverride" is set properly. Looks like it was ignored, the default is "SymlinksIfOwnerMatch". Add that to the <VirtualHost...> section should work.