There is no 5.2.16 Mail header path, but LS wants it

Hi,

I can't build 5.2.16 php binary because of this, Choon's patches for 5.2 come up to x.x.15 only and then jumps to 5.3 and I can't move on to 5.3 because of missing addons (cPanel server).

Any ideas ?

Thanks

webizen

A new build script in being worked on to get around this.

In the meantime, you can still use 5.2.16 as follows:
1. On LSWS admin console -> Actions -> Compile PHP -> Select PHP 5.2.16 -> Next
uncheck mail header patch option in the add-on and click "Build PHP 5.2.16" button and let preparation finish.
2. before start step 4, download 5.2.x patch from choon and patch php 5.2.16 source from command line.
wget http://choon.net/opensource/php/php-5.2.x-mail-header.patch
cd /usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.2.16
patch -p1 < /path/to/my/patch/you/downloaded/php-5.2.x-mail-header.patch
3. proceed php build (step 4: run script /usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/buildphp_manual_run.sh).

Last edited:
It is installed, the problem is when compiling PHP.

It's been a month now and LS has been turned off because of this but hey, the bill keeps coming.

Lauren

LiteSpeed Staff
Staff member
the latest build of 4.0.20 should not have this issue. Go to release manager and do a force reinstall to install the latest binary.

Lauren

LiteSpeed Staff
Staff member
I just tried again, installed linux 64bit binary. when build PHP 5.2.16, output is

If you are using cPanel WHM - build matching PHP, please enable EasyApache integration and build php with your desired options from easy apache. It will automatically build matching php.
Only for new build with no prior easyapache build, you may get the mailheader error. will fix it in next build. This is rarely hit, as most people do use easyapache to build php or use LSWS web admin build php utility. I just figured out this.

Thanks,
Lauren

Last edited: