trying to get lsapi into the gentoo-ebuilds

Discussion in 'Feedback/Feature Requests' started by ts77, May 10, 2006.

1. ts77

ts77 New Member

2. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

I had contact php developer list, got reply from Rasmus as following
    If more users request this on php list, it will be included into the php core sooner. :)
    Last edited: May 10, 2006
  3. ts77

ts77 New Member

and the gentoo devs wants it accepted "upstream" first, aka in the php-core.
    gosh, if it would be installable through pecl directly I would like this solution too.
  4. ts77

ts77 New Member

just as an update http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=132913
    the request was denied (like guessed ;)) but they suggest to try to get lsws into gentoo (which I would really like too :)) and which might help to increase the userbase too.
  5. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

Thanks for the update. :)

We will be very happy to supply a RPM package if they don't mind distributing close sourced packages. :)
  6. ts77

ts77 New Member

heh, its not rpm, not that easy ;), but their comment on the bugs-page makes me think that they have no general problem with closed-source packages.
    they use plain tar.gz packages which are installed with ebuilds unfortunately I don't know enough about them to help in this regard.
    I guess some paths and such need to be adjusted too so that they fit into their scheme.
    Maybe you could try first to contact someone there to make sure that you can integrate it so that its worth the effort for making an ebuild.
    Guess the lists http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/lists.xml are a good starting point (at least there is a dev-list listed).
  7. philwo

philwo New Member

Just as an update, I hacked together a Gentoo portage overlay for a LSAPI-enabled PHP 5.1.6. It looks good, so far, but I haven't installed Litespeed Server yet on my Gentoo box. Is there any interest in making this overlay publicly available? :)
  8. xing

xing LiteSpeed Staff

philwo,

More wiki how-tos can never hurt and only help. =)

In fact, courtesy of Stephen Leavitt, we are going to have a Ubuntu .deb packaging script how-to wiki + patch, in a day or two.
  9. ts77

ts77 New Member

sounds great.
    yes, I would be definitely interested in the overlay :).
  10. philwo

philwo New Member

I'll test it on my server and post here again, when I 'm finished.. nice to see that Litespeed Server becomes better everyday :)