trying to get lsapi into the gentoo-ebuilds

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
I had contact php developer list, got reply from Rasmus as following
Ok, account should be active and you can commit your sapi code to pecl/litespeed

Whether it gets accepted as a standard part of the PHP distribution is something we will decide on later. The fact that your server is commercial works against you, but if there is enough independent user demand for it and we are comfortable with the quality of the code, it will go in.

-Rasmus
If more users request this on php list, it will be included into the php core sooner. :)

Last edited:

ts77

and the gentoo devs wants it accepted "upstream" first, aka in the php-core.
gosh, if it would be installable through pecl directly I would like this solution too.

ts77

heh, its not rpm, not that easy ;), but their comment on the bugs-page makes me think that they have no general problem with closed-source packages.
they use plain tar.gz packages which are installed with ebuilds unfortunately I don't know enough about them to help in this regard.
I guess some paths and such need to be adjusted too so that they fit into their scheme.
Maybe you could try first to contact someone there to make sure that you can integrate it so that its worth the effort for making an ebuild.
Guess the lists http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/lists.xml are a good starting point (at least there is a dev-list listed).

Just as an update, I hacked together a Gentoo portage overlay for a LSAPI-enabled PHP 5.1.6. It looks good, so far, but I haven't installed Litespeed Server yet on my Gentoo box. Is there any interest in making this overlay publicly available? :)

xing

LiteSpeed Staff
philwo,

More wiki how-tos can never hurt and only help. =)

In fact, courtesy of Stephen Leavitt, we are going to have a Ubuntu .deb packaging script how-to wiki + patch, in a day or two.