Two quick problems

Hello,

I'm installing LiteSpeed Web Server on my new server for my vBulletin forums. My previous (shared) host used LiteSpeed and the speeds were just amazing.

I have installed LiteSpeed and have everything setup, I just have two quick problems:
1. LiteSpeed came with PHP4. I'm wanting to update to PHP5, but I'm unsure how. I want to the admin panel and tried to "compile" PHP 5, but it gives me an error everytime (Even on a clean install)

2. The directory viewer isn't working. What I mean by this is that on my previous host, if I made a new FOLDER and went to the URL it would show all documents that are in that folder (Unless you have an index.php/index.html). On this clean install, it gives me a 404 even when I can access the files

(ex: If I went to mysite.com/folder/, it 404's me, but if I go to mysite.com/folder/text.txt it lets me access it)

So, how do I go with upgrading to PHP5 and making it so I can view directories? Thanks!

webizen

For directory listing, check the autoindex settings (admin console -> configuration -> server -> general -> Index Files -> Auto Index). Directory listing is turned off by default for better security.

For php5 compile, search our past forum posts for solutions or post your error message here.

Hello,

I get the following error while trying to compile PHP 5.3.3
**LOG_DETAIL** retrieved from /usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/buildphp_1291675595.8.log
=============================================================
Preparing all source code for building PHP 5.3.3 with LSAPI
=============================================================
Mon Dec 6 17:46:37 EST 2010

Changing to build directory /usr/local/lsws/phpbuild
php-5.3.3.tar.gz already downloaded, use the saved copy.
Extracting PHP source archive: tar -zxf php-5.3.3.tar.gz

Suhosin is enabled
Retrieving Suhosin patch from <cannot post link>
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed

6 41298 6 2678 0 0 3430 0 0:00:12 --:--:-- 0:00:12 3430
100 41298 100 41298 0 0 44634 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 261k

Extracting Suhosin patch: gunzip -f suhosin-patch-5.3.3.patch.gz

Patching source with Suhosin patch
/usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/buildphp_1291675595.8.prep.sh: line 128: patch: command not found
**ERROR** Could not patch source with Suhosin patch

I'm running a completely fresh install of LiteSpeed, no modifications.

I cannot post the download link of the Suhosin patch because of the following error:

To be able to post links or images your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 1 posts.

Please remove links from your message, then you will be able to submit your post.

webizen

No need to worry about posting the Suhosin patch link at this point. It is a safety measure the forum puts on.

The actual error is "line 128: patch: command not found". It tells your system does not have program "patch" installed. To fix it, do followings:
For a CentOS server, do 'yum install patch(.x86_64)'.
For a Ubuntu server, do 'apt-get install patch(.x86_64)'.

Please check the following post for more details:
http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=4405

Last edited:
Hello,

Thank you for the help. I am now getting the following error:

configure: error: xml2-config not found. Please check your libxml2 installation.
**ERROR** Could not configure PHP build
I have installed libxml2 (yum install libxml2) and rebooted my server, but no luck.

My server is running CentOS 5.4 32-bit

webizen

xml2-config is in package libxml2-devel.

to search a package that contains the file do 'yum provides /usr/bin/xml2-config' (use exact path) or 'yum provides */xml2-config' for a wider search.