Two quick problems

Discussion in 'General' started by gamepro127, Dec 4, 2010.

1. gamepro127

gamepro127 New Member

Hello,

I'm installing LiteSpeed Web Server on my new server for my vBulletin forums. My previous (shared) host used LiteSpeed and the speeds were just amazing.

I have installed LiteSpeed and have everything setup, I just have two quick problems:
    1. LiteSpeed came with PHP4. I'm wanting to update to PHP5, but I'm unsure how. I want to the admin panel and tried to "compile" PHP 5, but it gives me an error everytime (Even on a clean install)

2. The directory viewer isn't working. What I mean by this is that on my previous host, if I made a new FOLDER and went to the URL it would show all documents that are in that folder (Unless you have an index.php/index.html). On this clean install, it gives me a 404 even when I can access the files

(ex: If I went to mysite.com/folder/, it 404's me, but if I go to mysite.com/folder/text.txt it lets me access it)

So, how do I go with upgrading to PHP5 and making it so I can view directories? Thanks!
  2. webizen

webizen New Member

For directory listing, check the autoindex settings (admin console -> configuration -> server -> general -> Index Files -> Auto Index). Directory listing is turned off by default for better security.

For php5 compile, search our past forum posts for solutions or post your error message here.
  3. gamepro127

gamepro127 New Member

Hello,

I get the following error while trying to compile PHP 5.3.3

I'm running a completely fresh install of LiteSpeed, no modifications.

I cannot post the download link of the Suhosin patch because of the following error:

To be able to post links or images your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 1 posts.

Please remove links from your message, then you will be able to submit your post.
  4. webizen

webizen New Member

No need to worry about posting the Suhosin patch link at this point. It is a safety measure the forum puts on.

The actual error is "line 128: patch: command not found". It tells your system does not have program "patch" installed. To fix it, do followings:
    For a CentOS server, do 'yum install patch(.x86_64)'.
    For a Ubuntu server, do 'apt-get install patch(.x86_64)'.

Please check the following post for more details:
    http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=4405
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  5. gamepro127

gamepro127 New Member

Hello,

Thank you for the help. I am now getting the following error:

I have installed libxml2 (yum install libxml2) and rebooted my server, but no luck.

My server is running CentOS 5.4 32-bit
  6. webizen

webizen New Member

xml2-config is in package libxml2-devel.

to search a package that contains the file do 'yum provides /usr/bin/xml2-config' (use exact path) or 'yum provides */xml2-config' for a wider search.
  7. gamepro127

gamepro127 New Member

Hello,

After yum install libxml2-devel I get the following error:

Package libpng is already installed and up to date.
  8. webizen

webizen New Member

libpng-devel (contains /usr/lib/libpng.so) is needed.

yum provides /usr/lib/libpng.so