Using LiteSpeed with phpBB3

Discussion in 'PHP' started by itistoday, May 29, 2009.

1. itistoday

itistoday New Member

Hi there, Out-of-the-box LiteSpeed seems to work with Wordpress, but unfortunately it doesn't appear to work with phpBB3. When I visit the forums on my site (which work fine with Apache), I get a blank page, literally blank, when trying to visit them via LiteSpeed. Any insight as to what configurations/settings I need to set to get it to work with phpBB3?
  2. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

Have your build Matching PHP binary?
    Please check the error log for related errors.
  3. itistoday

itistoday New Member

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "Have your build Matching PHP binary"..? Wordpress uses php files and it loads just fine with LiteSpeed.

When I load the forums in the browser and tail -f the error.log file, no errors appear (and they do appear for other things, i.e. missing files, unrelated to this problem but it just proves that the server is updating the error.log file).
  4. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

If you have not build your own PHP binary, you should so by following the wiki.
  5. itistoday

itistoday New Member

OK, I built php successfully via the Compile PHP thing in the admin interface, and it's still not working, no change detected. :-\
  6. itistoday

itistoday New Member

Wait, I performed a graceful restart of the server and now it seems to be working! :)

Thanks for your help!