Virtual Host Settings not saving

Discussion in 'Install/Configuration' started by cyberzen, Jan 19, 2005.

1. cyberzen

cyberzen New Member

Hi I just installed server, and I'm trying to set the virtual host

Document Root $VH_ROOT/html/ << from this to
    Document Root $VH_ROOT/public_html <<to this

but I cant seem to get it to save, when I click apply changes on the top left hand corner, it then brings me to the service manager, where on the bottom page, under virtual hosts, I see all my virtual hosts as disabled. when i try clicking enable on the right hand column, it doesn't enable it!

Please help!
  2. cyberzen

cyberzen New Member

BTW, does it matter that I am not ussing SSL in the admin interface?
  3. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

Please upgrade to 2.0RC5. :)
  4. cyberzen

cyberzen New Member

Hmm I did an upgrade when I ran ./install.sh, and now I can't even get to my server on any of my domains. Before the upgrade I could punch in any of my domains and it would go to the default "congragulations page you just installed Lsws"

I went into admin and tried to save the virtual host root, but still cannot save changes. When I try to apply changes it brings me back to service page, but now the service page has no formatting.

Please help
  5. cyberzen

cyberzen New Member

Argh, now I can't even login to admin interface, even after doing a reinstallation. How do I uninstall lsws completely via SSH.
  6. cyberzen

cyberzen New Member

Ok I uninstalled lsws completely, then did a fresh installation of RC5, however Im still having problems in the admin interface. Is this due to javascript? I can never seem to apply changes!

I've tried on IE and firefox, both with javascript enabled
  7. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

Did the confirmation windows pop up? Yes, it uses java-script.
    Does "restart" link work?
  8. cyberzen

cyberzen New Member

Also under service management, for virtual host it says disabled - not loaded
  9. cyberzen

cyberzen New Member

I can restart server, but when I try to enable virtual host or reload virtual host, then it just pops up the confirm box, but when I press ok, it doesn';t do anything after reloading the page.
  10. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

any thing in the error log?
    Any firewall rules to block connections to port 7000-8000 on localhost?
    Please check lsws/logs/stderr.log as well.
  11. cyberzen

cyberzen New Member

got these from tail stderr.log

PHP Warning: socket_connect() unable to connect [111]: Connection refused in /opt/lsws/admin/html.2.0RC5/admin/scripts/Service.php on line 279
    failed to connect to server!

PHP Warning: socket_connect() unable to connect [111]: Connection refused in /opt/lsws/admin/html.2.0RC5/admin/scripts/Service.php on line 279

12. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

IPtable is configured to block connections to localhost on your server, I believe. Please change your firewall rule, otherwise, you have to restart lsws from command line.

Anything in lsws/logs/error.log?
  13. cyberzen

cyberzen New Member

tail error.log

2005-01-19 14:50:06.220 [NOTICE] [AutoRestarter] child process with pid=2386 exited with status=0!
    2005-01-19 14:50:12.300 [NOTICE] Reload configuration for virtual host zenhentai!
    2005-01-19 14:50:12.301 [ERROR] [config:vhost:zenhentai] Path for document root is not accessible: /opt/lsws/zhentai/public_html/
    2005-01-19 14:50:12.301 [ERROR] [config:vhost:zenhentai] configuration failed!

I tried changing the config for the document root to an absolute path to my home dir, but like I said can't modify it. I'll try modifying my firewall.
  14. mistwang

mistwang LiteSpeed Staff

Please check the permission of that directory, does that directory exist? it is a permission problem which is not related to the function of the web admin interface.
  15. cyberzen

cyberzen New Member

What directory permission should I set for config dir? I've already set document root to 777, and verified that the dir actually exsists
  16. cyberzen

cyberzen New Member

Man, now my listener got problem

005-01-19 16:05:52.786 [INFO] [config:server:basic] For better obscurity, server version number is hidden in the response header.
    2005-01-19 16:05:53.094 [ERROR] HttpListener::start(): Can't listen at address adminListener: Address already in use!
    2005-01-19 16:05:53.094 [ERROR] HttpServer::addListener(adminListener) failed to create new listener
    2005-01-19 16:05:53.094 [ERROR] [config:admin:listener:adminListener] failed to start listener on address *:7080!
    2005-01-19 16:05:53.094 [ERROR] [config:admin:listener] No listener is available for admin virtual host!
    2005-01-19 16:05:53.095 [ERROR] Fatal error in configuration, exit!
  17. cyberzen

cyberzen New Member

Plus whenever I try to create a new listener, same thing it doesnt save the settings
  18. cyberzen

cyberzen New Member

Perhaps I could edit the xml file myself? Where are the config files for listeners stored?
  19. cyberzen

cyberzen New Member

I edited the admin_config.xml file to make it accept only the IP:7080 but it still giving the same error message.
  20. cyberzen

cyberzen New Member

I noticed this line in error.log

2005-01-19 16:30:54.926 [NOTICE] [ADMIN] server socket: 127.0.0.1:7777

how do I change the localhost address to hardcoded IP? I think this is the one causing problems