White Page when loading site

Discussion in 'General' started by leighbrownfield, Feb 10, 2012.

1. leighbrownfield

leighbrownfield New Member

Hey guys,

I have been doing some research and am unable to find anything on this issue, so excuse me if i am asking an already asked question.

I have configured a linux VPS to work with Litespeed Standard web server, this server is also running as one of the name servers. I can confirm the domain name has been delegated fine, and test from several locations show the DNS has propagated.
    Although every time i go to visit my website, it just loads a blank page.
    The HTML source is empty and nothing appears to be going into the error logs.

I am completely stumped on this one, i know their is content in the correct document root, im pretty much new to litespeed and would appreciate some kind directions :)
  2. NiteWave

NiteWave Administrator

need more specific about your issue. for example, if there is a 0 byte index.html under your document root, then white page is normal.
  3. leighbrownfield

Hey guys,

The index file does contain text, but this does not load :(
  4. webizen

webizen New Member

is this domain in Apache httpd.conf or LSWS native vhost?
  5. leighbrownfield

Um im not too sure?

I set it up in litespeed, there is not apache on the server
  6. webizen

webizen New Member

then it must be an LSWS native vhost. If it is from Apache httpd.conf, you would have to set "Load Apache Configuration" => Yes in Admin Console => Configuration => Server => Using Apache Configuration File.

You need to create a listener on port 80 and map the vhost in question (with domain name) to that listener.
  7. leighbrownfield

8. webizen

webizen New Member

9. leighbrownfield

Nothing, still loading a white page :(
  10. webizen

webizen New Member

check your error.log (i.e. tail -f /usr/local/lsws/logs/error.log) and see if anything related
  11. leighbrownfield

Nothing is getting written into the error log at all when i visit the page :(
  12. webizen

webizen New Member

do this from command line on server if see anything in error.log. replace server_ip and domain.com with your real ones.
  13. leighbrownfield

Hey Mate,

I got the following output:

curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host 'host: www.domainname.com.au'
    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 09:40:52 GMT
    Server: Apache/2.2.17 (Ubuntu)
    Last-Modified: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 05:47:48 GMT
    ETag: "45223-2-4acb8111ef50f"
    Accept-Ranges: bytes
    Content-Length: 2
    Vary: Accept-Encoding
    Content-Type: text/html

Now i find this weird, and NSLOOKUP can resolve the domain name fine, and intodns resolves the domain name fine so i don't believe that.
    Also it says the server is Ubuntu, wrong its CentOS.
    The CentOS server is a minimal install, i have never had Apache on there before.

So now im even more lost!
  14. webizen

webizen New Member

Sorry. Should be with '-H' option:
  15. leighbrownfield

Hey,

This time it resolved, but it still says by server is ubuntu with apache running!?!? no idea where that has come from :(

[root@srv ~]# curl -I -H 'host: www.domainname.com.au' XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/index.html
    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 23:21:13 GMT
    Server: Apache/2.2.17 (Ubuntu)
    Last-Modified: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 05:47:48 GMT
    ETag: "45223-2-4acb8111ef50f"
    Accept-Ranges: bytes
    Content-Length: 2
    Vary: Accept-Encoding
    Content-Type: text/html
  16. webizen

webizen New Member

do this on the server from command line and paste the result here:
  17. leighbrownfield

The output is below:

tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:80 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 3263/litespeed (lsh

Been having a play with it again, some domains will load fine, and others will load a white page. Then for some reason they will switch!!!

They all have the correct virtual host configurations, and are all mapped to the listener. Also something else i have noticed, SOMETIMES it will work if i have a hosts file record pointing at the server.

This seems weird because the domain names are delegated correctly, and they resolve to the exact same IP.
  18. webizen

webizen New Member

Are you saying even you hard code the record in hosts file it still fails sometimes?

Also, all the vhosts are native LSWS vhost, correct?
  19. leighbrownfield

Dear webizen,

I really do appreciate your help on this issue :)

Yes even when it is hard coded into my hosts file, it still fails sometimes.
    And Yes they are all native LWSW vHosts.

Im starting to wondering if i just re-install the server will be easier haha :)

Kind Regards

Leigh
  20. webizen

webizen New Member

do you have a proxy somewhere in between? seems fine if request hits the server. blank page if gets sent elsewhere (served by apache).

you may shutdown lsws and make request to see if you still get served by apache (for testing) or re-install and see if problem still occurs. pm me temporary server access if you like if it still does.