Weird Contentdownload timer

Hi TechLads,
Im having a hard time debugging our LiteSpeed configuration.
The problem is that "sometimes" the speed of the websites are blazing fast, although there isn't cache activated on the page, but sometimes it's *slow*.

The *slow* part is inspected in Chrome network tab, and cache set to off.
This is the result:
upload_2017-12-16_14-26-55.png

We see that the initial load of the domain is blazing fast, and then comes the CSS files, which sometimes is slow as hell. The thing is that it's categorizing the time as "Content Download" which should be much faster.
The weird thing is, that when I woke up this morning and just testet the site again, the CSS files where served near instant (20-60 ms), and the whole site loaded in about 356 ms.

Be aware that all this testing is done without cache, so there shouldn't be a difference in tests.

Server information:
Our server is running on a decent hardware, and uses nimble SSD storage, and load is next to nothing. The server has a 1 Gbit/s dual link, but our traffic graphs isn't getting anywhere near that.
My testing is done with a roundtrip to the server, in about 13-16ms.

NiteWave

Administrator
I think maybe due to http/2 multiplex
looking at "Time" and "Waterfall", there are 10 files(2nd ~ 11th file), all takes about 927~932 ms, start and ending download at almost same time.
so we can regard this 10 files as 1 single file, in this case, it's slow.
sometimes maybe 2nd ~ 6th files are "grouped" as 1 file, all are css files, no jpg, no js, in this case, it may look fast.

NiteWave

Administrator
how about try to "server push" first 1 ~ 5 css files ? or only 1st css file.
it looks they are always bundle together, so try to break them, to see if any difference ?

Tishu

Hello,
I just test your site and i dont see that results. Only the .woff2 files are loading more time, but that is because they are loading from gstatic. You can try to load them from your server.